System #328 (Spire)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jparvio

Reaction score
1. Member Name: (Mr) Jussi Arvio

2. Location: Finland, Lieto

3. ML Model(s): ML Spire in black ash finish

4. Year Purchased: 2009

5. Mods/Changes: nope

6. Associated Electronics: iTunes/lossless -based file format, Bel canto dac3 as DAC/Pre, Usher R1.5 power amp, Revox B260 tuner, cables from Cardas

7. Comments and/or stories about your Martin Logan experience: so far gaining more experience, so far happy! Only some old Apogees remind me of the lack of endless dynamics..

Attachments

• spire.jpg
    spire.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 1,693
Wow. I like the look, absolutely gorgeous. The sound isn't too bright in front of those windows, is it? Welcome aboard, mate.

Very nice setup! How far back is your listening position? Does moving that table out of the way impact the sound?

I would think that an alcove works well in that type of setup. It is deep behind the speakers and should reflect back to the listening area in a convex shape. It's also symmetrical which is always a good thing.

Stages in auditoriums are sometimes in an alcove shape. If there were any issues, you could always open the windows or add curtains but I like the look as is. I'd like to hear actually that setup. One thing is for sure...it's a very and nice classy looking system! Welcome.

Last edited:
Back