System #325 (Summit)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Satch,

Love the Ekorness. Don't remember what model it was since I purchased it some nine years ago. I know it was their "top" model at the time.

What I find amazing is that after all the hours myself and others have sat in the chair, it remains firm and (absent some wear on the arm rests) very comfortable.

Thank you and all the others for the kind words.

Best,

Gordon

Gorgeous setup, man. I like the use of plants to diffuse the brightness from the glass- useful, yet tasteful as well.

How far is that chair from the speakers, btw? Its hard to tell from the pictures you have up there.

Hi Daniel,

Center listening chair is 10' - 6" from the panel centers to those things on the side of my head.

Other dimensions.

Center of panel to center of panel / 7' - 6".

Panel to back wall / 5' - 0".

Outside panel (both speakers) to side wall / 5' - 0".

Thank you for your kind comments.

Gordon

Last edited:
I tried to post mine, but I'm having problems with the image uploader. I should get it figured out any minute now . . .

Tricky stuff image uploading s/w. It can take literally years to get to grips with, I hear.

Justin, give the poor guy a chance! He's a lawyer, not an engineer.

He's probably analysing the license agreement for the image uploading s/w. It's longer than Apple's iTunes agreement, at 113 pages. Various clauses have dubious legal implications, no doubt, and therefore Rich is having trouble deciding whether hitting "I agree" is wholly, utterly and totally appropriate.

I suspect Rich is finding lengthy negotiation with the s/w manufacturer's lawyers absolutely essential. He will do the same for you on a "no win, large fee" basis, I am sure.:D

Ok, finally got it uploaded! But then the mods rejected it due to inappropriate content. :eek:

BTW, Steve, we were planning a trip to Austin this spring, but it doesn't look like it is going to work out. Fall is still a possibility.

Hello Gordon, I would also be interested to see pictures with your new speakers and your impressions after so many Logans :)

Gordon can you please tell what the initals MLB stands for in the name of your speakers, i would like to see them?

Hi all,

Thanks for the kind words and interest.

Only major change is the Summits have been sold and I purchased a used pair of MBL 116's. Will try to update room picture soon. Don't have a cell phone or a digital camera. :eek1: Also had my Cary modded just recently.

In the interim, you can goto the MBL site to see pictures of the 116's. They are similar in size to the Wilson Watt / Puppies or new Sashas.

Don't know what MBL stands for but read that it had something to do with the names of the individuals that started the company many years ago. Much like ML.

Dom, the 116's seem to interact with my room more uniformly and I really do like the 360 degree dispersion from 2K and above. Sounds quite good, off axis, to my ears. No more "gotta sit in the center seat" to really enjoy the music.

Hi Gordon and fellow MLO members,

I recently picked up a pr of Summits and am beginning to play with the rake angle. I'm curious as to your rake angle whereby the speakers appear to be pretty much vertical. My question is - I'm wondering, if several ML owners express sonic improvements with this or a similar angle, why ML did not set the default panel angle closer to vertical from the getgo? Seems like the Summits are even angled further back than my SL3s were. I'm not attempting to discredit or disprove your findings and recommendations, just trying to fully understand why deviating so much from the ML "default" angle and up and above standard spikes' setup capabilities is required for such benefits.

BTW - I realize this is not the Summit rake angle DIY thread, but I figure Gordon seems to have a great deal of experience in this area, so I tagged onto your system thread - especially after seeing the highly evident rake angle in one of your pics. Apologize for the momentary deviation of topics....

Dom, the 116's seem to interact with my room more uniformly and I really do like the 360 degree dispersion from 2K and above. Sounds quite good, off axis, to my ears. No more "gotta sit in the center seat" to really enjoy the music.
Thanks! Being new in the world of ESL's, I recently realized how narrow is the sweet spot, but since my listening habits are to "sit and enjoy" on a single armchair precisely positioned, i don't care to much :) I have a very weak remembrance of an MBL system I've heard on a show in Vienna, Austria, many years ago, many years before I became addicted to Logans. As far as I can remember, it was not love at first sight after just a few minutes spent in the demonstration room, but your discovery will make me want to try to audition a Radialstrahler again, if somehow possible, since there is no MBL dealer in my country. I only know from Hungarian forums that MBL sound is controversial among the people who heard it already. Hmm, interesting :)

Back