System #317 (Vantage, Motif, Aerius i, Cinema i, Descent i)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottd327

Reaction score
1. Member Name: Scott Dietterick

2. Location: Mechancisburg, PA

3. ML Model(s): Vantages (mains), Motif (center), Aerius i (surrounds), Cinema i (back surround) and Descent i (sub)

4. Year Purchased: 2008

5. Mods/Changes: None

6. Associated Electronics: Marantz VP-11S1 (1080p projector), Da-Lite 106" screen, Onkyo PR-SC885 (pre/pro), ADA PTM-6150 (150x6 amp), Panasonic DMP-BD60 (blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A35 (HD DVD), Oppo DV-983H (sd dvd, dvd-audio, sacd, cd), DirecTV HR21, XBOX 360 Elite, Buttkicker LFE (x2)

7. Comments and/or stories about your Martin Logan experience: Always loved Logans, but never wanted to spend the money replacing my existing system. Couldn't resist when Tweeter went out of business. Bought what I could then grabbed the Aerius i pair and Cinema i used to fill out the back of my system in a 6.1 setup. For the first time in 20 years of home theater buying, I feel no need to upgrade.

Attachments

• scott1 058.jpg
    scott1 058.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 1,367
Scott, Welcome ! nice HT system you have there on the "West Shore" !

screen

Scott: which model da-lite screen are you using and what screen material are you using with it. I have been looking at the da-lite screens. thanks

I have the High Contrast Matte White (Gain: 1.1). My Marantz PJ has an absolutely superb picture, but is ceiling-mounted in the back of my home theater. So I wanted a little extra brightness punch, without altering the contrast balance and without the light spillage on to my off-white drop-ceiling that you get from high-gain screens. The HCMW was a good compromise and fairly inexpensive.

Nice setup! Great time to grab some excellent deals from Tweeter...I actually missed the GOB sale that they had and kick myself daily still.

Welcome!

Dan

Some additional pics of the surrounds and my projector. My equipment is all in a hideaway closet, so a picture would not do it justice.

Attachments

• scott1 060.jpg
    scott1 060.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 1,263
  • scott1 059.jpg
    scott1 059.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 1,294
Updates to my HT System

Moved the Aerius i pair to another room in a stereo setup with an integrated tube amp. Now have a 10-speaker surround set-up utilyzing Audyssey DSX heights and wides.

Mains: Vantage
Center: Stage
Wides: Source
Heights and surrounds: Vignette x 5
Sub: Descent i

I use the new Denon AVR-4810ci as a pre and to power the 5 Vignettes. A Krell Showcase amp powers the 5 ESLs. I also upgraded my screen to a Stewart Firehawk G3. My blu-ray, cd, sacd & dvd-audio player is now an Oppo BDP-83.

Back