System #299 (Ascent, Mosaic)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiolover[UK]

Reaction score
1. Member Name: Dan Smith

2. Location: Derby. in the midlands UK

3. ML Model(s): Ascents and mosaics

4. Year Purchased: ive had the ascents 18 months and the mosaics for about 12 months

5. Mods/Changes: no.... mods exept changed the spikes

6. Associated Electronics: Krell 20i CDP ~ Krell KMA-200 ~ Albarry music m1008 monoblocks for the rears ~ Pass Labs Aleph-P ~ Pioneer LX71 blu-ray ~ Onkyo 875 AV reciever ~ Screenplay 7210 Projector ~ lumagen scaler ~ Panasonic plasma
Cables ~ transparent / Van den hul / pure silver mains throughout

7. Comments and/or stories about your Martin Logan experience:
started many years ago with monitor audio speakers and various electronics, mainly Rotel, went the hole hog with 5 speakers, 2 subwoofers, velodyne sms seperate sacd and cdp, the room was full much to the wife annoyance, it all sounded ok, trouble is my room isnt all that big and it loaded the room too much, so decided to start downsizing.......sold all my monitor audio speakers and got some ML ascents....boy that has given me some headaches, needed to get a proper amp to drive them so along came an aragon 8008BB, the got some mosaics for the rear and thought i was well sorted. decided to change my cdp and sacd player and get a good 1 box solution, along came the 20i, stunning, such and improvement over my old cd player, which was a tri-vista 21 dac and a theta basi II transport.
was using some tag mclaren for a preamp and realised i could do with a top end pre-amp and searched the forums and hifi review and decided a pass labs aleph p would do the trick, promptly found one and thought that was the end of my journey.
i loved the sound but tended to get a bit hard at the top end, especially when playing loud, realised the aragon was nice at low volumes but struggled at louder volumes, along came a pair of KMA-200....WOW, im really hearing what the Ascents can do, so after a bit of a journey i feel fairly settled..........................for now

3345189424_81dfec8329_o.jpg

3344353243_d380e9124e_o.jpg

3345189644_ba46d06021_o.jpg

3345189238_f709f4fa49_o.jpg

3344352459_5fd93080f8_o.jpg

Dan, Welcome ...from this side of the 'Pond' !

very nice rig you have there !

Dan,

Welcome!! A very nice looking system you have. Very clean and I love the Krell gear.

Regards,

Cherian

Source, pre, power, speakers - all American! You'll have them thinking they make good stuff...:D:eek::devil:

Source, pre, power, speakers - all American! You'll have them thinking they make good stuff...:D:eek::devil:

i only bought the stuff to be liked on this forum....got nothing to do with the sound:music:

the krells blow the air out sideways, the are cool to touch ontop suprisingly, its not ideal but will have to do for now, cant wait for summer:cool:

What was that song by Radiohead? Creep?:D

Dunno if you can sneek a Descent in there, but if you can, I would. Then we'd have the same speaker setup, and I'd like you too. As it is... I'm not so sure:)

oh.....errr ummmm....mmmmmmmm.........i really like.......211's, think they are the greatest .:rocker:

will you come out and play now;)

my room doesnt take kindly to subs, been there done it got the booming T-shirt:rolleyes:

oh.....errr ummmm....mmmmmmmm.........i really like.......211's, think they are the greatest .:rocker:

will you come out and play now;)

Yeah OK - are we're gonna be real friends? Woweeeeeeeeeee...

Hey - I worked in that hell hole called Derby many years ago. Stayed in Chellaston during the week... in a pub with some B&B type rooms. Rough times indeed.

Sorry to be nasty about it - some of the surrounding areas are very nice, though.

like everywhere here in blighty its got its good :D and bad :(.
best part is that we are only a stones throw from the peak district, ashbourne and buxton etc.
you must have had a bad experience:mad:

Actually, yeah. Working 60 hours a week in a Portacabin with a Nazi Gestapo boss... on a contract working on the engine control unit for the Trent 800, about 1/2 a mile from the engine testbed. When that thing fired up at 100,000 lbs odd thrust, the whole Portacabin would vibrate, and you had to hold on to your coffee!

And they were engine testing at 3AM in the morning - you could hear it from miles away - but no one complains because half the town works for RR!

Mind you that engine was miles better than the American GE equivalent. They had serious problems with the fan blades operating at such high power.

Last edited:
nice to see another member who can use a camera lol. looks nice and cozy to me

thought Heinrich Mueller dissapeared in 1945:ROFL:, does sound like you had a rough time, bet the pay wasnt hellish:p
not much RR round here these days, altho do see some big 'enjuns' down sinfin lane from time to time.
cheers FISH-MAN, i used a canon 40D F16 at 25 secs:eek:

Latest posts

Back