System #283 (Summit)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joeb

Reaction score
Name: Joe
ML Model(s): ML Summit
Year Purchased: 2008
Mods: Original

Equipment:
Pass Labs x250 amp
Pass Labs X1 pre-amp
Cary 306/200CDP
Acoustic Zen Satori shotgun speaker cables and A.Z Silver interconnects.

Comments:
My previous speakers were BW Nautilus 802's, a great speaker. I thought they were "the ones" until I heard the Summits out in Seattle about 4 years ago. I immediately fell in love with them but they were priced out of reach. Fortunately, I was able to find a reasonabley priced set an bought them. After getting them, I did an AB test and realized that The Summits stand head and shoulders above my 802's. The imaging, bass and clarity are remarkeable. For comparison, I used several CD's; Dire Straits (Love Over Gold) the piano and bass are unbelieveable, Joni Michels voice, piano, strings etc on Blue Motel Room (Hejira) sound like she's right there in the room, I can tell you right where every musician is standing, David Gilmour, Acoustic Alchemy...and the list goes on. I started hearing music I never really heard before. And I thought it couldn't get any better!:bowdown:

Attachments

• front room 014.jpg
    front room 014.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 1,025
  • front room 016.jpg
    front room 016.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 1,009
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Joe, your pictures are blury, I know it's cold in Montana but for crying out loud turn the heat up so you don't shake so much ! LOL !

Pass amps and Logans certianlly do look and sound sexy together.

Nice Setup, congrats! You might try reading some of the threads on speaker placement, if you move them out from the wall, and get the measurements of each speaker exact along with the proper toe-in, you will add a depth to the sound stage that will utterly amaze. People will turn around looking for the surround speakers, it is that good.

Latest posts

Back