System #279 (Montage)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aussersein

Reaction score
Name: Clay

ML model: Montage

Year purchased: 2007

Mods / Changes: Aftermarket floor spikes

Associated electronics: Adcom GFA-555 stereo amp, Adcom GFP-555 preamplifier, NAD C520 CD player, Pioneer PL-510 turntable (Stanton 500-II cartridge), Monster HTS3500, little green ipod.

Attachments

• Stereo 001(comp).jpg
    Stereo 001(comp).jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 198
  • Stereo 002(comp).jpg
    Stereo 002(comp).jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Clay, I see in your second pic stacks of "Black Pizza" but I don't see a tt in your system...what gives ??

Yeah,

My old turntable went the way of the buffalo a few months ago. I'm still looking for a good, cheap, used player.

What's the blue thing on top of that there geetar? Can you play it (the geetar, not the blue thing)?

Nice twee system. And good luck sourcing a new record player.

The blue thing is a Carolina Tarheels baseball cap. I can play a little guitar; the one in the picture needs a new bridge.

Clay

Overrated...

I gave my own system five stars, not knowing that it would stick. I like my system, but it's a soft two at best. I can't seem to get rid of the rating. Little help?

Noting wrong with giving you own system 5 stars. I say let it be till it averages out. :p

I just stoinked it down a bit, but it is a nice system. If it makes you happy that's all that matters!

I don't know how I missed this one...

Hey, we're practically neighbors, in terms of Martin Logan land...

I live in Washington NC. It's looking like there might be enough of us in NC to have our own little "Martin Logan Listening Day" sometime!

Good luck finding a new TT. You've got a nice system there, and by starting out with Martin Logans, you're already MILES ahead of the average system".

Welcome,

--Richard

Yeah,

My old turntable went the way of the buffalo a few months ago. I'm still looking for a good, cheap, used player.
DrJRapp, on this site, has a Sota for sale. It sounds like a great deal.

Last edited:
New TT

Thanks guys,

I did buy an old Pioneer TT a few months ago. It's no thoroughbred, but it sounds fine.

Clay

Back