System #273 (Monolith III, Theatre i)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

audio1

1. Member Name: Sang
2. Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
3. ML Model(s): Monolith III,
4. Year Purchased: 2001 - 2005
5. Mods/Changes: No
6. Associated Electronics: Wolcott 220W Mono blocks , Bat VK 50SE Preamp, Bluenote Make II CD Player, Lexicon MC I Digital Control, Toshiba HD - XA2 DVD Player, Rotel RMB 1095 200 watts x 5 channels to drive center and sourround sound speakers.

7. Comments and/or stories about your Martin Logan experience: Very good
8. An image of your system:

Last edited:
Wow - I'll say it again, wow. Wolcotts - what lead you down that path?

Welcome to another Monolith owner.

Kevin

Beautiful Monolith system you have!!! Love the look of the ML monoliths. All that tube power must sound great.

Again Welcome.

Sang, Welcome Your big Wolcott's, EL-34's for outputs ?? It's fair to assume the Monolith panels love 'em !

gentlemen,
Thanks for all positives. I am a music lover since I was young.I had owned few speaker systems,and I have found that monoliths are very wide on soundstage and music is so sweet and clear.
Since I have owned monoliths III. I have changed number of power amps from sonic frontier power II and Plinius SA 250 mark 4 to Wolcotts wide band transformers.In my opinion, I found that the Wolcotts are a good match with Monolith.

Best regards,
Sang,

Last edited:
to Wolcotts wide band transformers.In my opinion, I found that the Wolcotts are a good match with Monolith.Sang,

Sang, IMO you have said the key word to the marriage of tubes and Logans. "Wide Bandwidth", I coundn't agree more !

Those speakers seem familiar ...

Nice setup. I really like the equipment display between the two large speakers.

Bi-amping and active crossover is the way to go with Monoliths.

What room treatments have you done?

Really sorry to say this, but my wife sez "low WAF factor, apart from the CD player".

Of course, I don't agree:)

But apparently, so I am told, I can't judge, because I am not a wife, so I have no say in all things WAF!

You have a good system with Monolith III too. My room is treated with ASC, two 16in dia x 4f and two 11in dia x 6f ASC tube traps on four corners behind speakers,8in x 8f ASC sound flanks panels on right, left and front wall.
Biamps with active crossover and the room treatment are a big improvement, highs and mids are sweeter. Soundstage is extended wider.
audio1

Last edited:
Back