System #253 (Ascent, Depth)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Al

Reaction score
Member Name: Alan Pummill
ML Model(s): Ascents and Depth sub
Year Purchased: 2008
Mods/Changes: Previous owner installed the upgraded "i" woofer
Associated Electronics:
Onix Audio XCD-88 HDCD CD Player
Bel Canto Design DAC3 DA converter
Conrad Johnson PV-12A Tube preamp
Rotel RB-1090 Amplifier
Mapleshade Samson Stand
PS Audio Ultimate Outlet
Nordost Red Dawn Interconnects
Nordost Red Dawn Speaker cable
Radix Quiddity Power cord
ASC Tube Traps various sizes

I have always loved the sound from Martin Logans. I can remember ths first time I heard them at a high end store. It was as if the music was coming out of thin air. I have been a maggie owner for about 7 years, but these Ascents sound great in my system!!

Attachments

• Ascents ML.JPG
    Ascents ML.JPG
    132.3 KB · Views: 777
:welcome:

Welcome to the madness Big Al!

Interesting placement of the sub, what led you there and what do you have it sitting on?

Tell us more about your musical journey, I know you came from Maggies to the Martin Logans, but what about some of the electronics. Love the CJ pre-amp. Give us some more pictures!

Also, what types of music do you like to listen to?

Thanks Mitt,

I got this location for my sub from Mapleshade Audio:
• Contrary to manufacturer hype, subwoofer placement is crucial. To get clean bass attacks, subwoofers must be precisely (±1") the same distance from your ear as the midrange driver. Corner placement always leads to boom. Also, subwoofers sound much cleaner on cones than on spikes or rubber feet.

BTW, if you have never heard Mapleshade CD's, you need to!! The Depth is on an ASC Sub Trap. It really tightened up the low end.

I have been into music my whole life. My primary listening is jazz, classic rock, and blues. I have been upgrading my system(s) for close to 25 years!!

Mitt, how do I put a link to my system on my threads?? Thanks!!

Hi Al....again welcome ! system lookin' good !

Regarding linking your system to your signature....copy / paste the link from the member page and edit it into your sgnature.

Back