System #233 (Sequel II)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice setup. Do you run those subwoofers during simple music listening too ?

BTW, I used to live in Oslo in 1988 (Halvdan Svartes Gate). Never learned much Norwegian other than the "bad" words. Loved it there though....

~VDR

Wow, that is one sweeeeet system.;) Gotta' love dogs.:) Here's a picture of my best friend "Buddy".

Buddy2.jpg

Got a new, (secondhand), Counteropint SA-12 power-amp from eBay, but unfortualy the pervious owner had done som mod's on it himself, and i only got about two hours of listening before the amp died on me.. :mad:

counterpointsa12028kb4.jpg

counterpointsa12039bb5.jpg

Last edited:
Got a new, (secondhand), Counteropint SA-12 power-amp from eBay, but unfortualy the pervious owner had done som mod's on it himself, and i only got about two hours of listening before the amp died on me.. :mad:

Well that totally sucks! When you bought it did the seller mention that he had modded it himself? If not, and if he was misleading potential buyers that it was stock, I wonder if there is something that can be done? Have you contacted the seller about the amp dying on you?

Curious to see how this all works out for you. Counterpoint made some excellent amps, and it's too bad that you weren't able to really enjoy yours.

Seth

Well that totally sucks! When you bought it did the seller mention that he had modded it himself? If not, and if he was misleading potential buyers that it was stock, I wonder if there is something that can be done? Have you contacted the seller about the amp dying on you?

Curious to see how this all works out for you. Counterpoint made some excellent amps, and it's too bad that you weren't able to really enjoy yours.

Seth

Hi Seth! :)

I enjoyed it for a couple of hours, and trust me - it sounded sweet!

No, the seller did not inform me about the mod's.
Look at the pictures - for instance, the SA-12 should contain two capasitators on each side, a total oF four..

How manny do you see on the bottom picture? (those blue beer can-looking things.)

And all the wiering he has done himself in there.. OMG..

They popp right out when i touch them..

Last edited:
This is how a stock SA-12 looks like inside:

Two capasitators on each side:
(those blue beer cans looking things)
NP100c_std.jpg

And this in how my SA-12 looks like:
Only one on each side..
counterpointsa12039xj4.jpg

Last edited:
What I see is two photos of two totally different amps!?
...the tubes, the capasitors, the wireing, the layout, everything is different exept for the case and maybe trafo...
What does it say [printed] on the circuit board?

****ing fraud..

Note to self: never shop from ebay.co.uk again

:mad:

Anyways, i have just bought a new power amp for my sequels.

Audio Research D-250 MKII Servo - 70kg, all tube power amp! 250 watts of pure tube power!

ARC_D250MKIIS_top.jpg

ARC_D250MKIIS_front.jpg

ARC_D250MKII_side1.jpg

ARC_D250MKII_top.jpg

Fine piece of audio nirvana!!
Sorry about your earlier disapointment (****ing fraud..) :(
Just to make sure this time you could send this one to me for few months of evaluation. LOL

No worries!
I'm on holiday right now. Just send me your address and I'll drive over there to pick it up. Get a spare set of tubes just in case for me. I might return the unit on my next holiday next year and don't worry I won't charge you anything for my services! (you lucky barstand)

Just got a pair of Xindak FS Gold speaker kabels for my Sequel's, 5% Gold + 95% Silver ;)

Just tweaking the sound... :D :eek:

657_Xindak_FS-GOLD.jpg

Wicked!

Last edited:
210005_avatar.jpg

And if you survive the shooting, my dog Leo will eat you ...

3045av5.jpg

Last edited:
Back