System #232 (Odyssey)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very Nice!!!!!!!

I always wondered what a system would look like designed by a woman,.............I wish I saw more, I must say this is a phenomenal set up, good job!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome screen too!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry to disappoint you, Pete, but in Italy Andrea is a male name, so I am a man! Currently, I'm changing the audio part of my system. I was so struck by the CLX that I bought a pair of them in the 25th anniversary version. And after having heard them with tubes and solid state, I decided to sell the ARC gear and buy a Krell combo (EVO 222 pre + EVO 402 amp). Next week I'll have all installed and working, so I'll post pictures and impressions.

Beautiful system Andrea - and clearly you have created great synergy between your components. I have one question for you ....... I notice you have the monoblocks close to the Odysseys, which always seems a practical set up. I have historically done the same until recently I went from long to short interconnects and the reverse shorter speaker cables to longer speaker cables. The theory is that long IC's loose high frequencies due to capacitance.

So far, I prefer the short ic and long speaker cables, not because the treble was more extended, but I have found my system to be more dynamic, faster etc. It is though a more expensive option if you use bi-wiring and there is no doubt in my mind that bi-wiring gives the better outcome.

Any views or experiments on that front?

Steve

No experiments, Radicalsteve. From a theoretical point of view I can agree with you but the network boxes in the Transparent cables should be served just that purpose. By the way, as explained in my previous email, next week I'll have installed my new worshipped CLX with new Krell EVO 222 +402 combo with CAST IC and you know that CAST technology seem to prevent completely the problem.
For Tonepub: Your CLX review is the best I've read and it was the first step for my falling in love with these masterpieces...

Andrea,

I saw you have a DreamVision Projector, I was surprised, when I first saw it I thought it was a Seleco. My first HiDef projector was a Seleco, it was way ahead of its time, 1996.

Also, I see in your system you have Blu-ray and Oppo 981 so I was wondering if you have a surround sound system or just the Odysseys?

Last question, any toys from Bologna or Maranello?:D

Joe

Joe,
I have only a pair of loudspeakers. I'm not a fan of surround sound systems, I enjoy movies with front channels only. Yesterday, my Odysseys are gone and CLXs arrived in my house. I have some problems to position them at their best yet. I'll post my impressions as soon as I'll have good results.
For your last question: no toys from Maranello...

Andrea,

Be patient with the CLXs. It took me weeks to get them set up properly. The best thing is that it is a lot of fun dialing them in and when you do get them dialed in it is truly magical. Kind of like a great lap on your favorite F-1 course in something from Marnello.

One tweek you might want to try is getting some kind of decoupling device, like a stabilizer puck or pucks and then put a 1/2 inch thick piece of granite on the back of the CLX cabinet. It gave my CLXs an incredible jump in bass response.

Anyway, good luck and have fun.

Back