System #218 (Vantage)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjwjanssen

Reaction score
1. Member Name: Bas Janssen
2. Location: The Netherlands
3. ML Model(s): Vantage
4. Year Purchased: August 2007
5. Mods/Changes: not Yet
6. Associated Electronics:
Amp: Mark Levinson 383
CD: Mark Levinson 390s
Phono: Rega P2
Phono pre: NAD PP2
Interlink: MIT Shotgun s3 proline
LS cable: MIT 750 biwire

I love the quick and wide sound of martin logan. I really needed to buy them!

The setup of the speakers is too far from each other. They stand 3.75 meter from each other and also from the sweetspot. I am using standard copper ls cables right now but will try some others soon. Any suggestions?

pics:

ML383

ML390S

Rega P2 (limited to 5 pics)

Vantage left

Vantage right

closeup of beautiful color

Edit:
With the new plasma in place and getting the old CRT of the sideboard, we cut off a piece of the sideboard. The ML's are now closer together and the sound and pinpointing is way better!

Last edited:
Welcome ! Suggestions ............ make your speaker cable runs shorter, or when you get your new ones size them correctly from the get-go.

Glad to have another vinylphile amonst us, although my back aches looking at how far down you have to bend to play your "Black Pizza" , LOL !!!

This LS cable is temporaly and will be sold. In 2 weeks I will have a shootout with several ls cables. I will buy them with the right size!

I am also thinking of buying a Funk Vector:
Funk-Vector-Turntable1.jpg

Welkom hier SJW...
Mooi speakers idd.ik heb ze gehoord in ijsselstein. Trouwens je hele set ziet er smakelijk uit.

Alvorens in nieuwe kabels te investeren, zou ik heel kritisch luisteren. Veel mensen op audio forums vinden dat er geen hoorbaar verschil tussen Gamma bouwmarkt kabels en MIT kabels

Groetjes Huey

Welcome. Nice, clean system. It would be nice to see one large picture of the system as a whole instead of just individual components.

I am also thinking of buying a Funk Vector:

I listened to that very piece while @ Acoustic Sounds this past summer, a sweet little number indeed, unique plinth, or shall I say 'lack there of' ! which I do believe has somthing to do with it's very good sonic virtues.

Welkom hier SJW...
Mooi speakers idd.ik heb ze gehoord in ijsselstein. Trouwens je hele set ziet er smakelijk uit.

Alvorens in nieuwe kabels te investeren, zou ik heel kritisch luisteren. Veel mensen op audio forums vinden dat er geen hoorbaar verschil tussen Gamma bouwmarkt kabels en MIT kabels

Groetjes Huey

Thanks, I definitely hear differences among ls cables. I will have a ls cable shootout before buying a cable.

Welcome. Nice, clean system. It would be nice to see one large picture of the system as a whole instead of just individual components.

I need a widescreen camera for that. I can not get it on one pcture. I will try some otherday again!

Love your system as well. Nice clean setup. Exactly my cup of tea.
Do you find it best to have your Vantage so much of toe in???

Looks real nice... very contemporary! The Vantages, the Levinsons, and the plasma tv - all fit very well together.

Enjoy!

Are you able to pull those guys from the wall at all? You'll probably get better imaging and cleaner sound if you get it away from the back and side walls. It'll also get the speakers closer together!

I can understand if you have decor/space restraints though. Most of us do.

All in all- very pretty!

Just love those Vantages!! :music: Thanks for sharing. If you get the time post some pics of your listening chair. I always like to see how far others sit back etc.
Take care,

Glen

Back