System #213 (Clarity)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DingMac_UK

Reaction score
Stephen Bell's system, Cheshire UK

Denon 2930 DVD/SACD(sometimes..) DVD-A
Musical Fidelity DAC and power supply (not shown)
Ming Da valve pre
Sheng Ya monoblock hybrids, 100w each
Martin Logan Clarity bought Sept 07
cheap sub, too ashamed to name....

Also Musical Fidelity XA-1 (2 of) one drives rear speakers, one handles the centre speaker and signal to sub. Projector is an old Epron LCD, early 720 version.

I have shipped the ML C's from USA myself and have discovered that one NAC doesn't work (Grrr) however I may have to throw myself at ML's feet and beg a replacement even though I'd be surprised if they will honour the warrenty (I dont blame them). Despite this they are a total revelation, unlocking the potential of this system in a way I dreamt of but didn't believe possible.

For me, this is a dream system - Gayle Sanders' demonstration of the CLS at a hotel in Wilmslow UK some 23 years ago was not in vain, I have carried the desire for that ML sound since then!

Attachments

• DingMac_MLcollageSs.jpg
    DingMac_MLcollageSs.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 840
Stephen,

Lovely! Nice system and :welcome:!

I've been seeing more of you around on the forum and I was beginning to wonder what your system looked like.... :).

Stay a while, hang out, chitchat, make friends!

Joey

Very nice system, and we're happy to have more members from the "other side of the pond".

Is that a Revox reel-to-reel tape deck I see? There are several components in your pictures that are not listed. Please tell us what you have. I'm curious as to what subwoofer you are using. I'm a big fan of "budget solutions" in what is for many folks a "cost is no object" hobby...

Welcome!

--Richard

more info on DinMac system

hello again - thanks for your comments folks, the other items are a Revox B77 - well spotted!- and the subs are Paradigm.. .I have one set to reinforce the very low end. Theres a Sony hard-disc recorder for tv, a satellite reciever, a defunct pro-logic not used any more, a Toshiba projection TV thats about 8 years old. When we got that for £1600 a plasma was about £6000, my how things have changed! Will aim to get a better screen next year.

DVD - I should add a pic of the screen down, will do it this weekend.

cheers - DingMac UK

Wow, what a wonderful setup. Nice to see a little more exotic electronics with the Clarity's. I would love to hear your system (as I also have the Clarity's) to see what I could aspire to.
Enjoy and Weclome!

how do you find the sheng ya mono's? did you import them from china through a uk source? cheers :)
oh, nice system btw, your just up the road from me!

Sheng Ya monoblocks

hello again - the Sheng Ya monoblocks (tube/solid state hybrids, 100w) also were sold under the 'Vincent' mark, and a friend and nieghbour imported them, bougt some class D amps and had to choose, I was delighted to take them off him for a reasonable price! The Mind Da pre I imported and its very, very good although the outputs are set too high, I have bought attenuators to tame that.

The whole system has come alive with the ML Clarities, I had bookshelf sized speakers before and although they had a ribbon tweeter and were exc value... the ML's are serious high fi and they were only OK!

You're down the road from me?

yes, on the wirral, so not too far away!

Wirral connection

No way! My mum lives in the Wirral, as does my dentist who I have to go to on Tuesday (broke a tooth - ouch). What kit do you have?

No way! My mum lives in the Wirral, as does my dentist who I have to go to on Tuesday (broke a tooth - ouch). What kit do you have?

and who said the world was small??!!! lol!
did have all linn pre/powers with meridian front end, lp12 and martin logan aerius i.
upgraded and swopped kit about, and now have:-
meridian 200t
audio synthesis ultra dsm dac
monarchy audio dip
lp12/ittok
nottingham analogue spacedeck/spacearm
heed orbit
audio physic tempo jubilee.

i'll own martin logan again one day, the summits are one of my fave speakers. :)

belated reply

Sorry AN, work and a broken tooth interuppted our conversation. Your system sounds wild! Would love to hear it sometime. How did you get rid of your ML's? I have a friend and neighbour who is keen to find some ML now he's heard mine. _ Stephen (AKA DingMac)

hi matey,
i sold them because a, i moved, and b, wanted a change. i love the summits and i'll get some one day, brilliant speakers. if your neighbour wants to have a look at some, there are plenty of dealers selling s/h ones at very attractive prices. your very welcome to have a listen and a gander. a few of the forums i visit hold bake offs(where others gather over a few beers, have a laugh and bring bits of their own kit to compare and demo. great fun. all topped off with a curry or something. :)
cheers, Al :)

Back