System #209 (Aeon)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrPig

Reaction score
Name: Jeff H.

HT System
Mitsubishi 62" DLP
Eartquake 12" Subwoofer
Front: Aeons
Surround: Scripts
Rear Surround: Mission Bipole
Center: PSB
AMPS:
2 channel Sunfire Cinema Grand Series II
5 channel Sunfire Cinema Grand Series II
Preamp: Krell Showcase 7.1
DVD: Samsung HD 941
CD: Sony DVP
Remote: Harmony 1000
Power Conditioner: Monster HTS3600
Xanitech IR system

I've owned Aeon's for three years and just recently purchased the Script's.

Attachments

• ML Aeon 1.JPG
    ML Aeon 1.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 803
Last edited:
Jeff, Welcome to another member from my favorite State ! Nice HT set-up .

Hey CO Neighbor,
Welcome to the club. Very nice setup! I am sure Tim B. will be along to welcome you as well; another CO ML owner.
Enjoy!

Lee

Good to have you on board! Your system is clean and attractive. I like that you've been able to create a home theater that doesn't have any sound-distorting equipment between the main speakers. Gotta love them flat screen panels!

Hey Jeff...

:welcome:

Great looking set up. Nice to see another Colorado guy here. We're going to have to do a regional GTG one of these days, and certainly touch base for the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest!

Nice to have you in the community.

Thanks guy's. I appreciate the warm welcome. The TV is actually built into the wall. I made the opening large enough to fit my future 70" set in there. All of my components are behind the wall.

Jeezuz.... is that TV big enough for ya? :)

Clean and orderly system! I like it.

Joey

Hello Dr. Very cool system..post some pics of the other electronics :)

Nice and clean setup! I would relocate the sub to the left conner. It will perform MUCH better!

Nice and clean setup! I would relocate the sub to the left conner. It will perform MUCH better!

I had it there before and it didn't sound good. It was too boomy. It wa too close to the wall. Thanks for the suggestion.

WOW! That is a clean install...

Your speaker cables must be really long. What sort of cables are you using?

I'm always glad to see other Bob Carver fans on the forum. That Sunfire gear is a good match for ML's. Please show us some pics of your other gear. I'm always interested in how other folks stack their racks.

So how do you like that Harmony remote? I've been thinking of getting one of those because it is the only universal remote that:
1) comes with Mac-compatible software,
2) lets you design and download your own custom icons, and
3) doesn't cost more than my speakers...

Welcome!
--Richard

Very nice. How do you like the Scripts? I'm thinking of upgrading to better surrounds...

WOW! That is a clean install...

Your speaker cables must be really long. What sort of cables are you using?

I'm always glad to see other Bob Carver fans on the forum. That Sunfire gear is a good match for ML's. Please show us some pics of your other gear. I'm always interested in how other folks stack their racks.

So how do you like that Harmony remote? I've been thinking of getting one of those because it is the only universal remote that:
1) comes with Mac-compatible software,
2) lets you design and download your own custom icons, and
3) doesn't cost more than my speakers...

Welcome!
--Richard

The Harmony 1000 has been great. I've had a few glitches here and there. I updated the firmware and had to remove the battery twice ( kind of a reboot). It works better than anything I had ever had. A snap to set up.

I'm using Calabrine cables. They are 15 ft. long Bi-wired. Honestly, I've used four or five different brands of cables and I personally can't tell a big difference. I was using some Straightwires and some DH Labs Silver Q-10's before.

Last edited:
Very nice. How do you like the Scripts? I'm thinking of upgrading to better surrounds...

I'm not quite used to them yet. I think they sound pretty good. I think they would be better for rear surrounds, I'm using them as side surrounds. I think they need some time.

thanks for sharing your aeon setup.
a question for the earthquake sub. my friend own one but found the earthquake unable to handle robust bass like scene in nemo ticking fish tank scene, the quake gave way to distort scary sound. the martinlogan depth seem to handle well without distortion in most situation.

Back