System #197 (Vantage)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erry

Reaction score
1. Member Name: Erry Grootenboer
2. Location: IJsselstein, The Netherlands
3. ML Model(s): Vantage
4. Year Purchased: 2007
5. Mods/Changes: No mods
6. Associated Electronics: Meridian G91 CD/DVD(A)-player/Tuner/Pre-amplifier, Meridian G57 Power Amplifier, NordOst Red Dawn interlinks and speaker cables, Kemp power supply cables and filters, Philips 36" TV with Humax DVB-C tuner/HDD recorder, and a Wii.

After 12 years of Aerius ownership it was time for an upgrade. Wow, what an upgrade this is! I love these speakers.

1.jpg

Beautiful Backside

2.jpg

And nice front

5.jpg

Good looking electronics too (with same blue LED's)

6.jpg

System (with my cats)

7.jpg

The end

Last edited by a moderator:
Erry, Welcome ! Having just returned from Lawrence , Ks and seeing a pair of Vantage's being built, I too know why I love and appreciate mine as well !

Extremely nice looking and clean system you have, again welcome to the club.

Last edited:
Nice sweet clean tasty clean sweet superb clean scrumptious neat simple clean delicious SETUP you got there!

Notice how I pretty much ran out of adjectives to describe your system? :)

Joey

Nice pictures.
No doubt! They don't even look that good in the manufacturer's catalogs!

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with a 36" 'Flat tube'... and a Wii... and oooh yeah... a G57 :D

Dead sexy set up you got there :rocker:

Thanks for the nice comments!

@twitch54: Thanks, and: A visit to the factory, that must have been a wonderful experience. Is that facility always open to the public? (Erry’s scheduling next vacation trip….)

@TomDac: Thanks and: of course I can come over to your house for pictures. As a fellow ML owner the pictures are for free, so you only have to deal with my transportation and stay over (I only hope it won’t take two hours at the customs for checking my photo-gear for drugs and explosives as they did last time).

@Joey V: Also thanks and wow, how is it possible: this is exact the way I describe my system!

@sebrof2000: Thanks and I’ll will post some extra pictures.

@FatJ: Yep a 36” TV. It’s only 4 years old, gives (me) a good picture, so no hurry (but a 50” plasma Pioneer …. Well, maybe next year).

@[email protected]: Yes, at least for the last 30 years a cat lover. Now Bobby the Somali and Benny the Bengal.

Extra notes about my Meridian gear: The G91 CD/DVD(A)/Tuner/Pre-amp is a truly great Jack-of-all-trades. Remarkably how well this extremely complex machine works and performs. And indeed the G57 it is a great power-amp too. As you could guess, I like the appearance of the few and simple looking apparatus in my system too.

And as some of you like my pictures (second hobby), here are a few more:

3.jpg

A different angle.

8.jpg

Can only be posted on a forum like this one!

9.jpg

Yes, the back is beautiful

10.jpg

Not all is neat and crisp…

11.jpg

Last one (for now)

Erry

PS
I hope Word has done a decent job is minimizing the wrong spelling. My Dutch is much better, but …

Thanks for the nice comments!

@FatJ: Yep a 36” TV. It’s only 4 years old, gives (me) a good picture, so no hurry (but a 50” plasma Pioneer …. Well, maybe next year).

I guess my Sony is about the same age. I have no complaints but it doesn't seem to be up to the caliber of the rest of my system. Funny you should mention the 50" Pioneer.... I'm torn between it and the 52" Sony XBR. I am looking forward to seeing the new models from each of them in the next few months. This year may be the one for me!!!

You have a great system and you are quite talented with the camera. Consider yourself very blessed to have such a 'good ear' and a 'good eye' too.

FatJ, I'd wait until Novemberish when Pioneer is supposed to release another 1080p model and Sony is supposed to release their new XBR. Both great TV's, good luck.

Hi Erry!

Congratulations to your wonderful System!:bowdown:
And the Pictures are amazing!:bowdown:

Best Regards from Budapest
Antal

Oh my God! A ML Owner that can take good pictures =D

Nice system

Feet on the Vantages

I just received my vantages a couple of days ago and the feet do not look anything like what you have on your Vantages. Mine are round, very small in diameter, and barely protrude from the bottom of the case a 1/4 of an inch without coming completely out. Worthless to get them up off carpeting of any kind. I can't use the spikes provided at this time.

Where did you get those feet/black "puck" on the bottom?

Thanks!
J.M.

Erry,

Sweet setup! Very nice Meridian gear:) The photo quality on your system pix is amazing! Photography being your other hobby really shows! What kind of camera do you use?

Wow, GREAT photos, and setup! You've definitely raised the bar around here for posting system pics!

Latest posts

Back