System #193 (Summit, Ascent)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malle

Reaction score
1. Matias Österberg
2. Gothenburg, Sweden
3. Summit, Ascent
4. 2007, 2002
5. Jorma design power cabels
6. Audio Aero capitol ref., Plinius SA-REF., Audience AU24 signalcabel, Audience AU24 biwire speakercabel, Audience powercabel, Analog Research Silver Raincoat powercabel.
7. The first time I heared ML speakers I knew i had to have them, period!

Attachments

• IMG_0119.JPG
    IMG_0119.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 1,368
  • IMG_0118.JPG
    IMG_0118.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 1,364
  • IMG_0120.JPG
    IMG_0120.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 1,365
  • IMG_0121.JPG
    IMG_0121.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 1,365
Matias,

What a great system - must sound wonderful!

:welcome:

You're going to make a LOT of friends around here with you Plinius Reference amp in the stable. There are more than a few Plini-o-philes here. The Audio Aero Capitole Ref is also a thing of freakin' beauty. You must rarely leave the house!

Yes, there is a lot to be said about a nice, clean system. Yours looks wonderful!

Just out of curiosity, you list both Summits and Ascents for the Martin Logan gear. Do you mean that you replaced Ascents with the Summits, or are you perhaps using the Ascents as rear speakers?

Thanks everybody for a warm welcome !

I have my ascents in Denmark for repair so when I get them back I will probably sell them, or place them in my livingroom with my old Classé gear.

Now the job begins with speaker placement. The first thing I noticed was the BASS!! HOLY MOSES! My listeningroom almost exploded into pieces when i turned up the volume.

WOW!

Plinius Ref and Summits... welcome to our Plinius Hexad!!!

Soon you will meet Dave and Dan, two of the other Plinio-philes!

:welcome:!!

Nice to hear that there are more "Plino-philes" out there(new term to me).

I must say that I like the sound of Summits, the difference between them and the Ascents are bigger than expected, I sat down earlier today
and played some records and I must say that even with the speakers in uncalibrated placement they sounded really nice. A ship called love with Eric Bibb was reproduced with even more joy and feel than ever before in my system.

More feedback to come !

Matias, Welcome our corner of the Audio world, as stated prior, one very nice clean looking two channel set-up ! and as Joey said, glad to have added another "Plinny" guy to the fold. I believe you are the first with the 'Ref'...........SWEEEEEET !

Last edited:
What a wonderful system and room. I did not know there was a Plinius Ref amp. Looks like its about ready to mutate and take over the world!

Matias,

You like the Summits aggressively toed-in too? Ah.... we think alike!

Now, with that connection made, I say it's high-time you send your Pliney Ref over to the States and I'll send you my 102 for permanent relocation. It's the way of the MLO club!!

Ok ok... j/k....

But, nice toe in though!

Joey :)

Matias,

You like the Summits aggressively toed-in too? Ah.... we think alike!

Now, with that connection made, I say it's high-time you send your Pliney Ref over to the States and I'll send you my 102 for permanent relocation. It's the way of the MLO club!!

Ok ok... j/k....

But, nice toe in though!

Joey :)

Fedex or USPS ?:D

By the way I am going to fix the power in my room from unground to grounded. Can anyone give me feedback on pros and cons?

By the way I am going to fix the power in my room from unground to grounded. Can anyone give me feedback on pros and cons?

First and foremost, Saftey !! The only 'con' I know of is the possibility of a ground loop induced hum, but since your going to add a ground, is it code where you live to make it a true 'earth' ground as oppossed to one through your electrical panel ??

I'm sure the more qualified electrical experts on the forum can coment on this.

Last edited:
Matias, you have a very impressive audio system! As you can see by my avatar I’m not a Plinius kind of guy but that amp of yours looks like it means business! Welcome aboard!

Matias, how do you find the capitole as a pre as well? have you ever tried any other pres with it?

This is a very good thing to do. Good grounding is very important for safety. No cons. in my mind.

Back