System #185 (Spire)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One can see the very careful positioning and thoughtful room treatment in your setup, not to mention the high caliber components. Congrats on a stellar looking (and I assume even more steller sounding) system. Of course congrats on the new family member too :)

What are the square platforms under the speakers? Can't make out the material from the pic.

Cheers

tsv_1:

Thanks for your compliment, gradually i believe something more to change in the near future (DAC/etc) ha ha.. Also, thank you for the bless on our new born, he's quite handful and sure enjoy his listening session with his daddy :).

Saw your system and was just amaze by how well you blend the listening area into something everybody can enjoy -- cozy and classy all in one! I'm sure the tube gear that you carefully pick should bring the "sweetness" all around your room :)

The square stuff you saw is "Granite Stone" measured to the HiFi vendor recommendation (i'm not sticking spike directly to my hardwood floor). They said it helps with unwanted resonance and sound image. I once run Vista on brass spike supporter, well, just couldn't agree more to the vendor on the suggestion.

tsv_1:

Thanks for your compliment, gradually i believe something more to change in the near future (DAC/etc) ha ha.. Also, thank you for the bless on our new born, he's quite handful and sure enjoy his listening session with his daddy :).

Saw your system and was just amaze by how well you blend the listening area into something everybody can enjoy -- cozy and classy all in one! I'm sure the tube gear that you carefully pick should bring the "sweetness" all around your room :)

The square stuff you saw is "Granite Stone" measured to the HiFi vendor recommendation (i'm not sticking spike directly to my hardwood floor). They said it helps with unwanted resonance and sound image. I once run Vista on brass spike supporter, well, just couldn't agree more to the vendor on the suggestion.

Ahhh yes. Many members have used stone platforms in a similar fashion. Glad you're enjoying the setup. Also, thank you for the kinds words wrt my system. Much appreciated.

Now, is that a pull-down video screen you've got mounted there at the top of the first pic? If so, can you elaborate a bit on your video components?

Thanks

Journey

Beek:

Thanks. It's all work in progress, too many times away and still come back for this beautiful hobby. Once heard "The search for absolute sound is a journey, not destination" -- such a true statement indeed!! Cheers! :)

How true been on the journey since 13 and still on it:eek:

But its still Fun

Update as of Dec 2013.

1. Member Name: Thongchai

2. Location: Bangkok, Thailand

3. ML Model(s): Martin Logan Spire

4. Year Purchased: June 2010

5. Mods/Changes: Original, no mod

6. Associated Electronics:

Digital Source: LUMIN (Wired LAN,FLAC/ALAC/DSD) with MacMini Music Server

Pre-amplifier: Spectral DMC-30SL

Interconnect Cable: MIT Oracle v2.2 XLR/MIT Oracle Matrix 50 XLR

Power-amplifier: Spectral DMA-250

Spkr Cable: MIT Oracle Matrix HD 90 rev1 Biwire

Spkr: Martin Logan Spire

Power Cdn: PS Audio Powerplant Premier

Power Cable: MIT Oracle AC1/AC2/Transparent PL MM/VirtualDynamics PowerBasic/PowerThree

Room Size: 4mx7m with Diffuser/Roomtune

Hi guys, no update for a long while. Now I'm decided to go all digital. Vinyl is only for headphone listening now.

ezyqu2u4.jpg
ury5yvas.jpg
a6a2u2y9.jpg
bupu7a6y.jpg
bymymavy.jpg

Back