System #156 (Summit, Stage, Script i)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great looking room and mighty fine equipment indeed ! Many hours of fun viewing and listening in perspective !

Enjoy !

thx for the comments everyone... I hung the center last night... still need to do some detailed work... but wanted to share the tweak. A shout goes out to theWB for the idea of hanging it from the ceiling. I actually have a 45 degree section that I guess is neither wall nor ceiling... but attached it there. I need to tweak the angle a bit, but overall pretty happy... Comments welcome and solicited as always. :rocker:

Attachments

• DSC04278.jpg
    DSC04278.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 284
  • DSC04277.jpg
    DSC04277.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 285
  • DSC04284.jpg
    DSC04284.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 287
New photos of the projector

Attachments

• DSC04294.jpg
    DSC04294.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 254
  • DSC04288.jpg
    DSC04288.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 259
  • DSC04291.jpg
    DSC04291.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 254
Scott, I don't think that high up for the center is right.

It really should be just barely below the screen, which will put it within the plane of the Summit panels. Way up there on the ceiling you will get tremendous discontinuities in pans across the front.

My recommendation: Get a table or a mount that will position it just under the screen (as close as possible to the screen without obscuring the view for front row seats).

Nice room Scott - how low does the projector hang? It seems that you would hit it with your head when you walk by--- just curious how you lined it up anglewise vs your screen...next house i plan a projector too

Scott, I don't think that high up for the center is right.

It really should be just barely below the screen, which will put it within the plane of the Summit panels. Way up there on the ceiling you will get tremendous discontinuities in pans across the front.

My recommendation: Get a table or a mount that will position it just under the screen (as close as possible to the screen without obscuring the view for front row seats).

I've tried both high and low and agree that low sounded better... high looks better... but after spending that amount of cash... I have to go w/ sound :)

Nice room Scott - how low does the projector hang? It seems that you would hit it with your head when you walk by--- just curious how you lined it up anglewise vs your screen...next house i plan a projector too

Hello TheBobGoat... the pipe is 36 inches which is just about the top of the screen... the center of the screen is 54 inches high... which is 1 foot above eye level sitting in my chains. I have 10 foot ceilings so the bottom of the projector is 6'4" high... and us 5'9" folks have no problem cruzin under the projector. The screen is 100" diag. Hope that helps

Ya, thanks for the description - hopefully you are having a lot of fun in there!

It went to a whole new level when I connected up the Toshiba HD DVD... phew... can't describe the clarity and richness of this combo...

1) correct color paint on the walls ceilings
2) Sony Pearl
3) Stewart Studio Tech 130 screen
4) Toshiba AX2 HD-DVD
5) quality HD DVD content
6) ML Summits
7) ML Stage

== Scott and wife *very* happy

Scott, that's great to hear. I knew you'd really dig the results, but sounds like you (as well as lovely spouse) are really wowed, I'm going to have to cash in those FF miles and go to Austin to check it out.

Maybe you can even teach me how to drive a shot down the fairway as well...
Golfing in the forest here in BC is dangerous to the deer in the woods, I keep hitting them and not the greens ;)

Scott, that's great to hear. I knew you'd really dig the results, but sounds like you (as well as lovely spouse) are really wowed, I'm going to have to cash in those FF miles and go to Austin to check it out.

Maybe you can even teach me how to drive a shot down the fairway as well...
Golfing in the forest here in BC is dangerous to the deer in the woods, I keep hitting them and not the greens ;)

Lifetime invite at casa de Garvey... we live on the 13th fairway of the Univerisity of Texas Golf Club so we can practice and practice.

New photos of the projector

Scott, Looks Great. Ever think of running your power cord and connection cables up through the pipe rather than wrapped around,would give it a much cleaner look, would just need to install an ac outlet in the attic.

Scott, Looks Great. Ever think of running your power cord and connection cables up through the pipe rather than wrapped around,would give it a much cleaner look, would just need to install an ac outlet in the attic.

First thing the 'boss' suggested as a next project... :) shouldn't be too hard to pull that off... and since video and electrical cord get along... I'll put both in the pipe... it never ends :eek:

very quick update...

Ordering new chairs this week Berkline 13175 http://www.rtheaters.com/berkline/13175.html

The 13175s were introduced at a show recently... good reviews... should be in retail by mid January...

going with 8 chairs... 4 and 4... I need to build a riser over the holidays... of course pictures will follow. :D

cheers everyone...

BTW... have I told you I love my summits lately !!! :rocker:

With a spread of 4 chairs, how do you get to sit in the sweetspot? Are you going to skew the chairs a bit towards one side?

Just wondering...

Very nice dedicated HT room! :bowdown:

How about having the first row to be 3 chairs and the 2nd row 4 chairs? That way you'll have a sweet spot. :music:

Latest posts

Back