System #156 (Summit, Stage, Script i)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With a spread of 4 chairs, how do you get to sit in the sweetspot? Are you going to skew the chairs a bit towards one side?

Just wondering...

short answer is yes...

long answer... the 4th chair I planned on putting off the side... but here's the rub... the boss (wife) suggested getting 2 rows of three... this will ensure optimum seating and covers the "it looks better with three" comment.

so... looks like I'm ordering 2 rows of 3...

short answer is yes...

long answer... the 4th chair I planned on putting off the side... but here's the rub... the boss (wife) suggested getting 2 rows of three... this will ensure optimum seating and covers the "it looks better with three" comment.

so... looks like I'm ordering 2 rows of 3...

Sweet! Take pics of the rows when they come.

OK... I got around to taking a few pictures tonight... this shows the seating ontop of the new platform I built last year. I also included a shot of the gear (that's what it's all about anyway)

Attachments

• Home Theater back.jpg
    Home Theater back.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 140
  • Home Theater Front.jpg
    Home Theater Front.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 140
  • Home Theater gear.jpg
    Home Theater gear.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 140
  • Home Theater side.jpg
    Home Theater side.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 141
Tell me about the blue floor lights. Way 'Kool!!!

Bought blue LED rope light from 1000bulbs.com... it was extremely easy to cut to length...

I am also going to use it in the kids room... they think it's pretty cool as well :cool:

Hi Scott,

Congrats on the new Preamp and amp!

The room’s looking great as well.

How’s the Audyssey room correction working for you?

Hi Scott,

Congrats on the new Preamp and amp!

The room’s looking great as well.

How’s the Audyssey room correction working for you?

I am embarrassed to say, I haven't even touched the room correction... I'm hours/days from purchasing side speakers and didn't want to go through the entire process again.:(

so while I'm enjoying the preamp... I haven't tuned it at all. :mad:

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I just came back from spending a weekend at Scott’s awsome place in Austin.

It was great to see him and his lovely wife again. We used to hang when they lived in Atlanta and I turned him on to the wonders of ESL’s ;)

Scott had just received his new side speakers, so we installed them (Mirage Omni’s) and tweaked all the settings in the source gear and the preamp. We also did a full Audyssey 8 point measurement and correction run.

First, Scott’s room looks pretty cool, especially those nice Summits at the front look ‘maavelous’ (in a Billy Crystal voice).

It’s amazing how many silly setting one has to go through on all the various pieces of gear to get optimal performance. Heck, the biggest fun was figuring out that the Oppo universal player must be set to 1080i output, or it won’t pass decoded SACD multi-channel (only get stereo at 480p) over HDMI.
Likewise for getting bitstream audio from a Sony BluRay, one must turn off the menu overlay sounds to get it to fully bitstream. Etc. Etc.

After running the Audyssey correction, and turning on DynamicEQ, we listened to discs and movies, and boy, was it night and day difference. Bass was tight, the center channel blended perfectly, and as Scott noted, the soundstage was seamless. One can’t hear individual speakers, just a big soundfield.

The new preamp is pretty slick and does a lot of great processing out of the box.

As we worked on all this, I did provide some further acoustic treatment recommendations I hope Scott has time to get around to, as it would really turn a great room into a killer room.

Anyway, it’s now one of Austin’s better home theaters. Congrats Scott!

Hi everyone, I just came back from spending a weekend at Scott’s awsome place in Austin.

Man it was GREAT to have Jonathan come out to visit... I felt like a bad host because I put him to work right away, helping me install the new side speakers and more importantly, getting all the gear connected and tuned properly. :bowdown:

Of course, what Jonathan has not shared is the HUGE todo list he left us with... :ROFL: Wall treatments, buy a sub, wall painting, new bracket for rears, getting rid of half the back platform to lower the second row of seats... I could go on, but you get the idea. If the sound quality change is as great as what I experience over the weekend.... it will be well worth it :cool:

It was GREAT to have you out Jonathan... I think I'm going to book a trip to Hotlanta this summer to experience the XStatic myself.

My Descent arrived yesterday... quick re-calibration using Audyssey correction and Porcupine Tree Deadwing sounded better than ever. New pictures to follow after I finish the wall treatments.

Too Cool dude! Congrats.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with the treatments. :music:

Latest posts

Back