Surprise bonus when using new generation of Martin Logan

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miatancdan

Reaction score
One thing that surprised me is that bass response of Martin Logan Spires in my room so good that I been able to remove subwoofer from system ( Velodyne DEQ-15 - 15" woofer with 1500 watts dynamic power )

Have others have the same experience? In my case my system strictly 2 channel stereo. No interest in surround sound and do not own a tv at all, watch news or shows on computer.

Miatancdan

See my thread on page two about descent i sub as some background info. I thought that same thing when I got the summits but after a few months added actually two subs. I also had a Velodyne not nearly as large or accurate as yours but I did find there is a big difference in the ML subs compared to others in my opinion. I find the extra bass better with the Summits and I would think that with the Spires it would be even more beneficial.

MMc

My new 2-month old Spires sound superb indeed in my room, but even better with my dual subs once subs are phase matched with respect to each other and the Spires.

I believe that if you cross the Spires at about 60Hz or so where its bass distortion is very minimal and inaudible, then you'd get a better experience than letting the Spires carry the bass load all the way down to 20Hz or lower.

Not sure if new generation label still applies....Montis?!!!! But I run my Spires without REL Studio sub as prefer better integration than ultimate extension overall. Also more air in the room! REL was huge!

Back