Sunday Morning Steam Whistles

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenscollick

Reaction score
This weekend was the Train Fest about 50 miles from my home weatherwise is was not a good weekend I tried to get there on Thursday and got rained out the rest of the weekend wasnt much better. Figured if I dont get there today i might never see the 4449 Daylight Special this train normally resides in Portland Or. the local club was able to get them to make the trip This is a pretty cool train. here are a few pictures. also the 1225 was the train that was used in the movie Polar Express. Lots of smoke and creosote smell very neat.

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 93
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 96
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 94
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 94
  • 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 92
great shots ken, I came damn near to making it out to that event......Ahhh the SP Daylight, probably the most famous "oil burner" left !

Thanks for sharing !!

Pictures from another site

Dave too bad I didnt know you were considering the event I would have done a little arm twisting. I had Kruppy and CAP over Friday for libations and listening.

From what I was told the crowds were pretty big Friday & Sat. Going Sunday I was able to park within easy walking and thoroughly enjoyes the show. I am going to try to get some pictures of the Daylighht heading back to Portland. In the meantime enjoy these,

http://ogaugerr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/57660482/m/601108602

Yeash, I'm really wishing myself, my dad and our other retired railroad buddies attended the festival this year, the locomotives all gathered around the turntable look great !! We've attended in years past and have always had a good time, oh well that's what 'next years' are for !

I can smell the fresh steam oil in the air now.. Oh man I have to say steam locomotives brings out the kid in me. I catch them with my son when ever they are here in SoCal .

Back