Sunday Morning Music

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lugano,

I found a new copy of Mohicans on ebay last night. It is in Taiwan. I am hoping to have it in 7 to 14 days. I will keeping my eye open for the second Mohicans CD. I will let you know my thoughts.

Thanks

Cherian

Last edited:
41MT3K4Q3FL._AA240_.jpg

Alexi Murdoch - Time Without Consequence

These guys are an Australian group who sound a bit little like Coldplay but with much better recording quality. Two thumbs up!

Joey :)

I downloaded this yesterday and listened last night. It's too folk music-y for me and the the guy doesn't sound anything like Chris Martin from Coldplay. :confused: Two thumbs down from me! :cool:

Last edited:
This AM it is the new Wilco CD, Sky Blue Sky. One of the better ones! Also the Kooks, Inside the Inside Out and Linkin Park Minutes to Midnight.

Some nice jazz to start out the morning:

Miles Davis / Filles de Kilimanjaro
Thelonious Monk / Thelonious Himself

Some Ella and Louis this morning. Even though these songs were recorded in the 50s it still sounds amazing. The MOFI mastering of these classics songs sound great on MLs. Louis Armstrong just has so much authority to his voice with spit flying every place.

Attachments

• Ella louis.jpg
    Ella louis.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 102
I downloaded this yesterday and listened last night. It's too folk music-y for me and the the guy doesn't sound anything like Chris Martin from Coldplay. :confused: Two thumbs down from me! :cool:

I keep on listening and re-listening to the track Song For You.... the others are eh...

Today it was:
  • La Cour du Roi Rene (Ensemble Perceval, on Arion Records)
  • Lux Feminae (Montserrat Figueras, on Alia Vox)

Today I am going on a Smashing Pumpkins binge. Pretty much everything they recorded sounds "grungy".... which I guess was the point back then, but it's not as clear as it could be :(

I pray for remasters some day.

I'll start off with Siamese Dream, probably the better recording of the SP catalog.

160.jpg

I have been on a Hoobastank binge for a month now, unfortunately my hearing has been iffy for that same time. I have had two periods where it has cleared up almost completely and things sound normal again, each time it lasted for roughly 48 hours and then got bad again. Looking forward to the next clearing SOON and I hope FOR GOOD! I am tired of messed up hearing! I am enjoying Hoobastank regardless though!

Virgil Thomson: The Plow That Broke the Plains
Warren Zevon: Excitable Boy
and on CD (no vinyl available) John Mayer: Continuum

One of the VERY FEW Jazz guys that I like. Not sure I have listened to Continuum, but I do like his style... even though I am NOT a jazz fan. :rocker:

Not jazz at all. Very much popular style music and really well done.

Not jazz at all. Very much popular style music and really well done.

I must have a different CD then. What I heard from his is Jazz, but not w/ a sax and piano, it is Jazz w/ electric guitar, bass and a full drum kit. Maybe that is not "true" Jazz then, but the music uses the same chords and progressions as true Jazz music and I guess that is what does not appeal to me so much. Lots of minor chords in Jazz...not my favs...

I must have a different CD then. What I heard from his is Jazz, but not w/ a sax and piano, it is Jazz w/ electric guitar, bass and a full drum kit. Maybe that is not "true" Jazz then, but the music uses the same chords and progressions as true Jazz music and I guess that is what does not appeal to me so much. Lots of minor chords in Jazz...not my favs...

That's likely one of the "John Mayer Trio" albums, which might be considered as Jazz, but is also listed as Blues. Risabet is right though, he's better known as a pop artist with all four of his pop releases (Room For Squares - 2001; Inside Want's Out - 2002; Heavier Things - 2003 and Continuum - 2006) having gone multi Platinum, along with 3 or 4 Grammy nominations along the way.

Of even more notorious noteriety of late was his break up with the no talent but none the less sexy as hell Jessica Simpson whom he had been "doing" for the last year or so. :p

Of even more notorious noteriety of late was his break up with the no talent but none the less sexy as hell Jessica Simpson whom he had been "doing" for the last year or so. :p

I must have the wrong guy altogher then as the guy I was thinking of is old enough to be Jessica Simpson's DAD! Hang on let me take a look...BRB... ooops. My bad. I was thinking of John MayALL, not MayER. What I was listening to was John Mayall and Friends, "Along for the Ride"... Now back to your regularly scheduled programming! :eek:

Today it was:
  • La Cour du Roi Rene (Ensemble Perceval, on Arion Records)
  • Lux Feminae (Montserrat Figueras, on Alia Vox)

Ohhhh... Figueras' voice is completely divine. Unreal. I have her singing Sor, I believe with Jose Miguel Moreno. Also a disc full of nursery rhymes, but unfortunately and predictably, the music is too simple. I will give it to my friend who just had his first newborn child... She will sleep very well:music:

Back