Summits & Summit X On Carpet

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MOON

Reaction score
I was wondering are there concerns for having either Summits or Summit X on a carpeted floor due to the downward firing woofer? I would think the carpet would absorb a lot of the bass.

If you have carpet, do you have the speakers on some thin platform due to the carpet or are there no problems with these speakers on a carpeted floor?

Cheers, Greg

My summits are on carpet with nothing under them and have no bass output problems.

Thanks for the reply. I was also wondering if any of you have the aluminum frame in clear and use a projector in your room, do you get a glare off the frame from the projector or is it okay?

There have been a fair number of discussions re carpet. Here's one... http://67.19.167.226/~tdacquis/forum/showthread.php?t=4267&referrerid=146

I would think that EXTREMELY THICK carpet + padding could possibly impact the bass. I tried tiles under my Summits a few years ago, but didn't think they made much difference. I'll have to try that experiment again using the XTZ Room Analyzer!

I was wondering are there concerns for having either Summits or Summit X on a carpeted floor due to the downward firing woofer? I would think the carpet would absorb a lot of the bass.

If you have carpet, do you have the speakers on some thin platform due to the carpet or are there no problems with these speakers on a carpeted floor?

Cheers, Greg

Back