Summits in a small room...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diamonds

Reaction score
Hi All,

I was wondering your opinion about putting ML Summits into a smallish room. The room is about 18ft (but extends to a great room which is about 30ft long) x 18ft x 9ft.

The Summits are a pretty large speaker but I still think they can preform in a smaller room. I have attached a picture of the room that the Summits will be going in. Any opinions would be great!

Thanks Again,
D

Attachments

• 1175909584%5B3%5D[1].jpg
    1175909584%5B3%5D[1].jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:
Put them in that room w/ that Pass amp and you will be SET! That will ROCK! No reason a Summit can't work in a smaller room and if the room opens up then as far as the speaker is concerned it is a BIG ROOM! Get the Summit, you know you want them! :devil:

I have the Summits in my system. The picture is of my sons system. I will be upgrading from the Summits and do not want to sell them so I am going to let my son use them until I want them back. I will bring them up to him in the next couple of weeks and give it a try.

Diamonds,

I think the Summits will do great in that room. I suppose a little bit of bass trapping in the tri-corners would help them out tremendously, though. I am putting my Summit-based 5.2 system in a room that measures 14'w by 19' l by 9' tall and I expect it will sound awesome. I will have ample acoustic treatments throughout the room to manage reflections.

I have the Summits in my system. The picture is of my sons system. I will be upgrading from the Summits and do not want to sell them so I am going to let my son use them until I want them back. I will bring them up to him in the next couple of weeks and give it a try.

So what will you be upgradnig to? Have you made your decision?

Last edited:
My HT room is on the short side... and the summits sound *great*... I have the Sunfire Theater Grand III receiver and the combo is schweeet... enjoy enjoy

Diamonds, 18x18x9 is not a small room. the only negative I see is that's it's square, but the facy that it opens up to a larger 'Great room' will be a plus.

I think of a small room as 8 x 10 x 8 and enclosed. Having 18 x 18 x 9 with the 'back' end opening to another room seem quite large to me. Powered sufficiently, I would think that summits would be ideal in that room.

Diamonds...

Congrats on the potential UPGRADE!!!

And with regards to the question of the Summits in a rather small-ish room... hahahaha!!!

Look at my room! I think you know the answer. The Summits will be A-Ok in that medium-sized room of your son's! And what a lucky lad he is!

Joey :p

Back