Summit

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeff Zaret said:
Dan,
I have not heard them yet so I can not pass any kind of judgment. I would think with everything being equal the Summits would win out but that is a guess.

I would agree in the long run the Summits would be the choice - new panels, great bass integration, smaller size.

The CLS panels are wider and I would assume give a wider soundstage but I could be wrong. As far as acuracy, I would think the Summits would have the edge because of the new designs in the panel and the integration of the "dual" woofer. Also, I would think that the Summits are easier to drive than the CLS's.

Yes they are easier to drive, and at the store they could play well softly or cranked up. And the soundstage was magnificent!!! Wide and Deep - the speakers disappeared with ease while playing music. They sounded like bigger panels than were sitting in front of me.

Having said all of that it is the $10k price tag that makes my CLSiiZ's sound really great in comparison. LOL :D

Agreed. Like I stated before with the price I paid for my CLSIIz's and the price of new Summits, I am very happy with what I currently have. BUT...if I had 10k laying around :D buying the Summits would be a no-brainer.

Are the mids are well defined as the CLS's? That is a tough one to beat.

Without side by side comparison, and having to go to the store and back home, it is really hard to judge. But I would say the mids are there as the panels were very smooth sounding when playing some really good source. As I stated above, the panels sound much larger than what you are seeing.

And in regards to the look.....In person they are very nice looking.

Dan

Latest posts

Back