Suggestions wanted for new Clarity

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

renpar61

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

this is my first post here as I am a new owner of a pair of Clarity and a Fresco center (my first MLs ever) :cheers:

I have a Yamaha RX-V2500 connected to a Rotel amp to power the Clarity, and a Velodyne sub. As soon as I connected the new Clarity they sounded awesome. The receiver had the old settings (YPAO) used with the older speakers. When I ran the auto setup to optimize the new settings for the ML, the result was quite disappointing. I can't go back to the older settings because I didn't save them. Do you have any suggestions for the settings on the Yamaha? I know a lot depends on the room size and acoustics.
Any input will be much appreciated

Use what you know

Depending on the speakers you had in the place of the claritys before use what you remember, more than likely you can send a hefty amount of data to the claritys as they are able to reproduce from 46–22,000 Hz.... since you do have the sub, you don't necessarily need to send the full freq range to the claritys, you can set the yamahas crossover to disable the lfe to the claritys....if you so choose. Other than that, just measure out the speaker distance, etc....

plug that data back into your receiver and you should get a significant boost in reproduction quality.... from my experience, the self setups done by receivers are never very accurate...

good luck :cheers:

Hi,
i also have the Clarity's with a Rotel reciever and have spent countless hours trying to get the best out of them. I also have a Sunfire sub and Vignette as the centre
- ensure that the mains are set to large
- I send the full signal to the Clarity's so set the crossover at 40hz
- For the sub setup, I have the crossover off. All my other setting are set on the sub.. Bass Level, Crossover and Phase. They're pretty close to the default positions. I still play and tweak the sub settings
- Measure your speaker distance for all and input them
- I tweaked my levels with the Radio Shack SPL digital meter
- I may be a little weird but I like for stereo, line the PCM 2 channel mode with the signal coming from the CD/DVD player over coax and letting the reciever do the processing. Your mileage and preferences may vary

This should be a pretty good starting point to get you were you need to be. You have a great little system. Hope you post some pictures. Not many of us with Clarity's.
Sit back, listen and enjoy. Hope this helps! Good Luck!

Back