subwoofer hook up?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt

Reaction score
First of all this is fun fun place to read up on the ML hobby!

My question/concern:

So i am in the process of adding a Dynamo to my 2-channel/HT rig below: CD player (AMC CD6) connected straight into the Jolida 202 (upgraded tubes) using DNM reason interconnects. Aerius i are hooked up to the Jolida via audioquest type 4 speaker cables.

In 2-channel I bypass the HT receiver completely and in HT mode the Jolida gets a signal from the front pre-outs (high pass X/O @ 80 HZ [THX] ) of the AVR. OK...here is where it gets tricky for me:The Dynamo is fed a LFE signal from my HT receiver (Pioneer 1015THX) for HT & for the 2-channel hook up i use the high level input because my Jolida 202 lacks preouts.

The Dynamo owners manual states that the internal X/O shuts down when it sees a LFE signal when the LOW level inputs are also being used for 2-channel. But it dosent mention what happens to the internal X/O when it sees a LFE while the HIGH level inputs are also being used for 2-channel. My fear is that the dynamo is getting mixed up seeing a LFE and high level signal in this configuration. SOOOOO....Does the internal XO ALWAYS shut down when it sees a LFE signal even when using high level inputs? Does this make any sense? In HT mode is sounds as if the internal XO is off and no high level signal (which is XOverd at 80HZ in HT mode) is being used. Thoughts? Comments?

Thank you all,

Matt

HERE IS A TEASER PHOTO UNTIL I POST THE WHOLE THING

IMG_0079_3.jpg

Matt,

Your assumptions are right. I have to believe that the internal circuitry is smart enought to determine which input will "control" bass. Under "normal" circumstances, it is either LFE or line level. Tyically LFE assumes a HT environment while the line level comes from the preamp or receiver pre outs. Again, there are variations but I think I did say typical but then nothing is ever normal ,especially around here. :D

I would just use a splitter or a "T" to split off the signal from the pre and send one like it is now to the HT receiver and one to the Dynamo.

Of course I could have misunderstood you completely and in that case I will disavow any knowledge if this. LOL

Jeff:cool:

Back