Sub Trap Placement

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FOUNTAIN

Reaction score
Today I picked up 2 GIK tri-traps:D and now I am placing them in my room. The original plan was to put them standing up in the corners on the front wall. But I did not consider the outlets that I would be blocking that now has my Vantages plugged into them. Both corners have the same problem with blocking an outlet. What if I lay them on their side along the front wall? Visually it looks ok, but what about acoustically? Will there be that much of a difference in absorption if I just lay them on their side? On GIK's website they picture them either way, but I wasn't sure if there was going to be a huge tradeoff. Thanks for any help you can offer. If there isn't that much of a difference then I will probably just leave them on their side, otherwise I'll have to move the sockets over a foot or run longer power cords to another outlet. I don't think that will look good though.

Glen

They don't have to sit on the floor. Mount them in the corner just above the outlets.

Thank you, for some reason I did not consider that. However, since mentioning this, I'm not sure if I will order (2) 4" panels that are the same color as my current ones and mount them in the corner. If I end up going this route then the tri-traps will either stay on their side along the front wall or moved to another part of the room. Thanks for the help.

Glen

Back