Steve Jobs death

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miatancdan

Reaction score
I just got home from work, short time ago and as every day, check Apple sites for news:apple:
Very sad about this news:(:( For me not normally feel affected by the death of famous people - and it's because I don't care, it's because they're so far removed from everyday, common life it's like they're merely products in and of themselves. Not so right now; Steve has had a profound impact on my life, apple products has always been special to me as he showed as to " think different"
Dan

I posted this in another thread, but this thread's title seems more on-point... so reposting here:

No surprise that SJ was not long for this world given his increasingly skeletal countenance... still, my 13 year old blurted out last night that he had passed and I did that double-take thing (that I find myself doing more and more whenever my 13 year old says just about anything).

Regardless of your position on his impact to the world, there's no denying the man was a genius on multiple levels. We are Apple consumers in this house. I have no qualms about using tech that feels good and works well. Though I do have qualms about the abusive quasi-slavery manufacturing trends in Asia (read up on Foxxconn sometime, your jaw will hit the floor). Regardless, those concerns aren't focused entirely on Apple, obviously.

I work for a large semiconductor company and we have HUGE business with Apple - our chips are in virtually all of their hardware. It will be very interesting to see what direction Apple takes now with TC at the helm. I must say that the iPhone 4S announcement, while interesting wrt the new features, better camera, and A5 proc, would have been received a lot better by the entirer world if they'd just done something as simple as changed the footprint... perhaps just given it a 4" screen. People wanted to see a different cool phone, not the exact same phone with a few more features. Oh well.

RIP Mr. Jobs!

I work for a large semiconductor company and we have HUGE business with Apple - our chips are in virtually all of their hardware. It will be very interesting to see what direction Apple takes now with TC at the helm. I must say that the iPhone 4S announcement, while interesting wrt the new features, better camera, and A5 proc, would have been received a lot better by the entirer world if they'd just done something as simple as changed the footprint... perhaps just given it a 4" screen. People wanted to see a different cool phone, not the exact same phone with a few more features. Oh well.

RIP Mr. Jobs!

Apple's philosophy with the iPhone is that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"! The iPhone 4 form factor works for them and consumers and unless they can make it dramatically better they will not change it just for the sake of change! The current ipone is still the best looking smartphone out there and is made of the highest quality... Expect a redesign with the iPhone 5 which will come out next spring with a possibly larger screen, 4g, and a thinner (I don't really need it to be any thinner than it really is already!) and tapered body with aluminum back. They will have to make the screen / case larger to make it 4G compatible due to a larger battery requirement or larger chip!
Yes it is truly sad to see Steve pass so soon. He was a true icon in the tech industry and will be missed. Hopefully Tim Cook can lead the way into the future for Apple!

New Iphone discussion

I don't really need it to be any thinner than it really is already!) and tapered body with aluminum back. They will have to make the screen / case larger to make it 4G compatible due to a larger battery requirement or larger chip!

I have heard women complain about the weight makes you
Wonder.I prefer mass & use a heavy shell on my phone.

Last edited:
Back