Stanley Cup playoffs Myths and Legends

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timm

Reaction score
Ok - I saw all of you Canadian and other folks out there ... I live in Michigan - right outside of Detroit... I refuse to talk smack here - because it has created bad Karma for my team in the past... Here is a funny story --

I worked with a guy from toronto (he had the maple leafs flad on his cube) - so it was always fun to pick on him... 2 years ago we had a redwings flag and had his wife put it on his car in the morning... We never got the flag back - AND the wings lost miserably in the next round.... So, I view that as a lesson learned and I think it is some type of curse... So, last year, I didn't say a word to him - although, I find it a whole lot of fun to annoy him (as he does me).... and we won... So, I am stuck - I can't say anything this year either....

I love this time of year....hockey is great!!

I agree, but not as much as years gone by, too many damn teams now.

Gordie was my boyhood idol, that 'Production Line' was a force back in the day.

I know the folks in Canadian fans have got to be frustrated......long time since the Cup has been in their trophy case !

Well - I will agree about the teams... That is a Bettman thing.... Last year and the year before - we had Nashville,Columbus,Chicago,St. Louis which were all struggling franchises (with Nashville on the up-tick) - and they were having trouble selling out... Well - nothing against these teams - but last year and years back, they haven't been very competitive (different this year of course - Chicago looks pretty good this year and for years to come - but good luck with Calgary!!). My contention is that they kept Detroit in the West as a Marketing ploy... Local media was trying to say people here didn't want to watch the non-Canadian/US players.... What a joke!!! The schedule sucked so bad... We wanted to SEE Toronto,Boston,Montreal,New York...Finally they change the schedule a bit and attendance is back up --- go figure.

I just got the NHL network, and it's been great to be able to keep track of hockey. I live in Austin Texas, moved from New Jersey. It's really tough trying to keep in the loop here in Texas. Before the NHL Netowrk, I got a Stars game once a week and maybe a game on Versus. NHL Network doesn't have playoff games but Versus has had pretty good coverage.
My youngest son (14) plays ice and roller, he's a goalie. Dallas is actually a bit of a hub for Ice Hockey, so he plays against Dallas, Houston, Austin, and San Antonio teams almost every weekend during ice hockey season. I thought it was fun watching pro hockey - Watching your kid play adds a whole new dimension.
And you're right - Hockey is a great sport.
Go Devils!

Yes - Brodeur is awsome... (he went nutso ( I love it!!) after that prior loss - only to bounce back with a shutout) and you guys have Shanahan now.... We loved Shanny in Detroit... does he still muck it up at all in his older years? He was pretty tough and could still put the puck in the net while in Detroit....

But - we still remember that spanking in 95!!!!

Ahhh, but you forget. Brendan came into the league with the Devils back in late 80s?, may have been on that '95 team but I think he was at Hartford by then.
Here's my kid. Check out the #30 and that Marty helmet. Gotta love it.

Attachments

• Goalie small.JPG
    Goalie small.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 175
very sweet... I think you are right about shanahan starting with the devils... he must have gone to st.louis next??... I'm guessing....

So, did anybody see the Red Wings get screwed last night? 40 seconds left - puck sitting in the crease about 6 inches from the goalies skate - Hossa pushes it in - and the ref waves it off because he couldn't see the puck (i.e. he was out of position to see the puck) ... Possibly the worst call I have ever seen in my life - all at 1am EST. I don't know why they can't go to Toronto for a call like that - Everybody in the house new it was wrong - All of the other linesman knew it was wrong... Not sure if nhl.com has the hair to show it on their web site... What is this the NBA or the NHL? My gawd man!!!

I went beddy-bye before the game ended so I didn't see it. There is a big writeup about it on NHL.com. They said that since the ref blew the play dead ("an instant before Hossa put it in") it is not reviewable. Pretty standard stuff there. I'm sure I'll see it tionoght on the NHL network since they play the same highlights over and over.
Anaheim has got to be the best 8 seed I've ever seen (not that I really keep track). Whoever wins, wins in 7. It's gonna be a tough series either way.
Good luck, man. My Devils are on the golf course.

I went beddy-bye before the game ended so I didn't see it. There is a big writeup about it on NHL.com. They said that since the ref blew the play dead ("an instant before Hossa put it in") it is not reviewable. Pretty standard stuff there. I'm sure I'll see it tionoght on the NHL network since they play the same highlights over and over.
Anaheim has got to be the best 8 seed I've ever seen (not that I really keep track). Whoever wins, wins in 7. It's gonna be a tough series either way.
Good luck, man. My Devils are on the golf course.

Yeah - re: the devils -- what a lousy way to go... That was brutal.... How that play turned out was this - The puck was in the net - the whistle blew - and there is a rule for 'intent to blow the whistle' - which means they can call the play dead - even before the whistle sounds. They replayed it with the sound on Detroit tv... puck in net - whistle goes.... They need to change what is reviewable...It should be up to the referee's discretion if there is a goal involved.... No reason to get the call wrong...No reason for the ref to eat his liver on national tv if he does get it wrong... The problem with this is - the puck was NEVER in the goalies control for an instant...The ref was out of position - and since he was out of position - lost sight of the puck and chose to blow the whistle because he WAS out of position - and chose to ignore the other refs that saw it clearly. I'm still hacked off....and they start these games at 10:30pm??? Come on!!! I've got another one on thursday....

The Devils Canes game 7 was the absolute worst game 7 in the history of game 7s. I had forgotten about it until you brought it up...NOT!:mad:

I saw the replay of the wings game a few minutes ago. You got burned, and it's not like it was 1-0 in the 1st. A minute left and the tying goal - That could be a series-changer.
The Penguins and Caps is living up to the hype. I'm watching it right now.

Sorry dude!! :) ... Yeah - we won't discuss any more... I get to stay up till 1:30 tonight again.... The Pens game was a good one.... However, if you watched till the end... Still trying to figure out where the penalty was on Pittsburgh with 3 minutes left? The interference call??? How do you call that? I still didn't see it... Did you see it? Well, justice was served - they won in the OT.... The Pens were swarming...Malkin was incredible..

Back