Sounding Off in Sunny California

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dc861

Reaction score
Hey, I'm new here. My name's Don, I'm a recently-resigned/seasonal big box electronics employee, and I'm in love with MartinLogan's design. Finally got myself a 5.1 ML setup before I quit, and I adore the sound.

I guess this is something I have to do here, but yeah. Martinlogan. Woo!

D'oh! Probably should include that.

Upgraded a 40 year old ADS L700 stereo pair to a 5.1 setup: ML Motion 4i in all four corners, then a Motion 6i in the middle. Sub is a Klipsch R10SW I had from a previous setup and it works for now, but I've been considering a Dynamo or an SVS 10" as a future upgrade. All of that is running through a Sony STR-DN1080 and a Sony X950G 65". I've always been fascinated by MartinLogan's electrostatic speakers, and I'm happy to report that the folded motion tweeters are excellent as well.

Once I move into my own place, I'll have to consider adding some ESL fronts and a power conditioner or amplifier for proper 7.1 or Atmos!

Nice, and adding a sub would definetly help things, a lot. Two quality low-priced subs, strategically placed can deliver better results than one big, expensive one. For instance, Amazon has some good deals on renewed Dynamo's (e.g. Dynamo 500D @ $150) so getting two does not break the bank.

Once you move, the next steps I'd recommend are to upgrade the fronts to high-end Motion series, and re-purpose the 4's to back-rear duties and add some of the ML in-ceiling units for the overheads. That is all cheaper than ESL, and a lot less demanding in terms of front end gear and room treatments. A good quality immersive audio system can be amazing, and more and more Atmos music is coming our way, and of course, most modern movies and shows now use it.

Back