Sometimes life just throws up on you

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wardsweb

Reaction score
Came home yesterday to find our big fish tank filter had leaked about 20 gallons of water that ran across the marble entry and into our sunken living room. The downside is the living room has mahogany floors. I've got forced air heaters in there now trying to dry things up as best I can. :(

I am so sorry to hear that , I hope your floors will be okay.

Only time will tell. After about 10 hours in water the edge seams have some ripples and waves. They need to dry to see how much of that goes down. I don't even want to think about having to pull out a 5' x 25' section of the living room. Keep your fingers crossed. Time to pull out that new bottle of scotch.

Only time will tell. After about 10 hours in water the edge seams have some ripples and waves. They need to dry to see how much of that goes down. I don't even want to think about having to pull out a 5' x 25' section of the living room. Keep your fingers crossed. Time to pull out that new bottle of scotch.

Drink enough of that Scotch and you wont care about the floors:D

if you have plank mahogany, instead of constructed flooring, you *might* be able to get away with a sanding and refinishing. good luck - hope it turns out well

makes a pretty good case for amp stands - doesn't it.... :D

if you have plank mahogany, instead of constructed flooring, you *might* be able to get away with a sanding and refinishing. good luck - hope it turns out well

makes a pretty good case for amp stands - doesn't it.... :D

If my gear was wet, that 50 gallon tank would be shattered into pieces in the front yard.

Yes, the gear and amps are on a spiked stands and the speakers sit on 3" high machined billet feet...just say'n if my gear gets damaged, you wouldn't want to be close by *&^$%#*#!!!!!!

If my gear was wet, that 50 gallon tank would be shattered into pieces in the front yard.

Yes, the gear and amps are on a spiked stands and the speakers sit on 3" high machined billet feet...just say'n if my gear gets damaged, you wouldn't want to be close by *&^$%#*#!!!!!!

I smell a fish fry

It is what it is. It does not define who I am but my actions will. The choice is mine...now what do I want to do? Have a fit? Scream? Get drunk? or just do the best I can and handle the outcome, whatever that is? Sometime you just need to let it go. It's only "stuff" and that can be replaced, but I will still have a drink. A nice single malt scotch sounds nice while I listen to some music. Just a bump in the road we call life.

Bad luck, but it does kind of make you feel for the Australians. This is but a small hiccup compared to what many there will have been through.

Bear that in mind as you savor the Scotch;)

Can't recall the comedian... but his schtick went something like this....
The 'R's are prounounced with a very thick rolling 'R' accent....

You know what you need? You need an ARRREA RRRRUGGG!! :)

Sorry - I hope the scotch helped - I am sure that it did....

Well the dehumidifiers ran 12 hours and both were almost full this morning. I emptied them and they're running full tilt for the forseeable future. Time will tell but I think furniture and a rug will keep me from ripping the floor out. I will most likely die in this house, so selling isn't a concern.

Back