SLM XL

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good if you have low expectations. Low power handling, but good sound for the size. I prefer the FX2, or LCR mounted in an on wall frame

These might be ok for a sound-bar alternative. But the 100Hz low frequency response is optimistic, so be prepared for adjusting way up from this spec.

I looked at these before I went with in-wall speakers, Martin Logan IW, which I use for Surrounds and Rears. Even though these are rated down to 47Hz, they really don't do well below 100Hz.

I
These might be ok for a sound-bar alternative. But the 100Hz low frequency response is optimistic, so be prepared for adjusting way up from this spec.

I looked at these before I went with in-wall speakers, Martin Logan IW, which I use for Surrounds and Rears. Even though these are rated down to 47Hz, they really don't do well below 100Hz.
I even set my Prodigy speakers at 80 hz, and those are supposed to go way down. The whole system sounds better. Audyssey sets them at 60 hz, but 80 sounds better to my ears. Most of the in walls, including my ML in ceiling speakers for atmos, get set at 100 hz by Audyssey. I've got a set of surrounds that get set at 80, but it turn those up to 100 too.
My subs are more than capable of doing a much better job and hardly break a sweat.

Back