Silverstone (Whittlebury) UK Hi-Fi Show 2012

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T+a

Case in point - some of that T+A stuff is DAMN nice......and there is no Australian distributor (ripoff merchant) at the moment.

Shame, because I'd like to see it up close.

Maybe I'll get a surprise next week?

Great - thanks for posting Justin. Getting me excited about the Australian audio show in Sydney N-E-X-T WEEK!

I'll be sure to post pics of that as well.

The slide show is great, but shame we can't discuss some of them.......I trust you have posted the ones of worth individually/already.

The T&A stuff does look great in the flesh. There was a complaint by someone who thought the TT had a speed issue - the system as a whole didn't sound that great unfortunately. New DAC from them is a nice looker, but the CD player is a fab looker!

Might say a bit more later.

Some good thoughts here Justin, I made it there Saturday, agree with many comments, unfortunately I was limited in listening time but some rooms ok, couple fairly good, one or two were good, but costly.. (Dcs, Vtl, Vivid). Agree, the Summit x were not quite there, room over damped and not allowing the system to breathe life into the music I suspect, which was a shame considering the cost of the dac alone!

The Vivid's I first came across in Hong Kong. I hear a plasticky colouration from the cabinets each time I hear them. But they do look cool and remind me of the B&W Nautilus a bit.

Actually I quite liked the Brodmann room playing classical which I'm no fan of. But when I sat down and actually listened a bit I realised I really did like it. Fanatastic finish on the speakers in the flesh, and very well resolved at lowish volume. Electrocompaniet hardware. Nice.

http://www.brodmannacoustics.com/

And now, over to RMAF:)

Attachments

• sdc14125-qpr.jpg
    sdc14125-qpr.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 132
Another good room was Analogue Alchemy, with a stunning looking range of non-suspended turntables and some rather nice speakers: http://www.analoguealchemy.com/

Apparently, this speaker design is available on the web, and one of the people I was with (the brother of the chap that refurbished my Apogees) was only too happy to size them up. Reason? He has all the drive units and is going to make a pair at home. The retail price was quoted as "not much" when I asked the sales rep. Apparently " not much" is £20K, which is quite a lot in my book:) Anyway, they were pretty good, if perhaps exciting a bass room mode. Very well made and finished, though, so your money is going somewhere!:)

Good selection of free food and lager in this room. Spent a lot of time listening in here. A good sign! If I hear Hugh Masekela one more time, however...:devil::devil: it was rife at in the show. Far too rife!!!

All the TTs are caught in the video. One can't help but think "hello, Clearaudio":D

Sorry to be a little late in seeing this, but I wanted to say that the speaker design is the Linkwitzlab Orion speaker. Interesting that on the Analogue Alchemy, website they say they are not affiliated with Linkwitz, but it's clearly the Orion design. To get all the parts for the speakers is close to $4000, interestingly on the Orion web page Linkwitz makes the statement "If the speakers were sold through the normal distribution channels, the retail price for the complete ORION system would have to be over $22,000". Coincidence?

http://www.linkwitzlab.com/orion-rev3.htm

Chuck

Back