Show us your system contest at TONEAudio....

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi runnin,

"Thin skin", as you put it, implies your desire for more confrontation.

As long as it is done in a respectful / responsible manner, that's fine. If it embarrasses you, you can always choose to opt out. If you want to see some verbal "blood on the pavement", please look elsewhere.

There are other audio sites that you can visit where people put their gloves on and box it out, irrespective of personal sensitivity and credibility that it inflicts on the particular site and the participants thereof.

Audio Asylum is certainly one option.

GG

I went to look at the system of the week on the site and saw none. Also looked on FB. Cool contest!

Hi runnin,

"Thin skin", as you put it, implies your desire for more confrontation.

As long as it is done in a respectful / responsible manner, that's fine. If it embarrasses you, you can always choose to opt out. If you want to see some verbal "blood on the pavement", please look elsewhere.

There are other audio sites that you can visit where people put their gloves on and box it out, irrespective of personal sensitivity and credibility that it inflicts on the particular site and the participants thereof.

GG

You obviously have a different perspective on the meaning of "thin skin" than I do. I was in no way, shape or form implying or "desiring" (as you put it) more confrontation. Quite the opposite actually. I was referencing my desire for less conflict. If people want to get their feelings hurt and whine about it in a forum be my guest.

GG, you really misinterpreted my post. That again seems to be the norm around here. Sad really.

I was in no way, shape or form implying or "desiring" (as you put it) more confrontation. Quite the opposite actually. I was referencing my desire for less conflict.

Really? Your desire for less conflict? And you think you were achieving that goal by posting stuff like this:

To the other posts, c'mon people. Grow some balls, rub some dirt on it and be a man.

Gee, I can't imagine how Gordon misinterpreted your intentions. :rolleyes:

Uh all he's saying is people get butt hurt around here way too easy and people should deal with it like ignoring things you don't like or agree with like most normal people do in real life. I understand and I've seen it on here, this board is pretty touchy compared to others such as Avsforum. You'd think we're all discussing religion and politics...

Hi Tch,

We do discuss religion and politics from time to time. Much to Dave's absolute pleasure.

For those that follow / contribute to this forum, MLO, like other sites, has it's own distinct personality, rules of protocol, etc.

If you like fine, if not, fine too. But no one is holding a flippin gun to your head to participate if you don't like what you read.

There are certainly many other audio website options to peruse if you find this site unacceptable to your personal needs.

I, for one applaud Tom, as well as Dave and Tim, for all of their efforts to make the MLO site what it is.

GG

Gordon, you have it all wrong - fisticuffs does not involve gloves; it involves bare knuckles, where contact with your opponent's noggin results in the drawing of blood from a thin-skinned fist. :)

I call for a truce, although some of this banter is entertaining it is getting silly.

Time for a truce.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/off-topic-discussions/125505-more-random-pics-1976.html
384696_304232062933876_109116295778788_1105059_1886775396_n.jpg

Gotta laugh sometimes.

Back