Serial numbers of electrostatic panels

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 2312

Reaction score
Hello,

someone knows if serial numbers (and a de-coder to date them) exist for the electrostatic panels of the various ML loudspeakers?

Thank you very much!

Luca

I apologize... I had obviously red that post, but I had not noticed that the second letter of the serial number codes indicate the electronic (E) or the electrostatic panel (S).

Can the panel code easily be read when the panel is mounted on the loudspeaker?

Thank you very much!

Ciao.

Luca

Last edited:
A private italian dealer sent me the serial numbers of the Aerius he sell. He told me that he bought them new in 1996 in Italy and that he replaced the electrostatic panels in 2008.

The codes are:

loudspeakers: AEED 444/445 => april 1993, according to the serial number decoder;

panels: ASCS 732/733 => ? 1991, according to the serial number decoder.

Is this possible?

Thank you very much.

Luca

Give ML a call, they're pretty helpful. It is possible that the panels could've been new (very) old stock, but I doubt it. That is a huge discrepancy.

I don't think it's impossible that ML had a pair of replacement panels in stock with serial numbers that date earlier than than those of the speakers you're looking at. Unless, ML has some sort of Q/A requirement to pull stock that reaches a certain age.

Perhaps ring up ML and ask them to confirm that a pair of Aerius replacement panels matching those serial numbers were sold sometime just prior to 2008 ?

Have you heard the speakers being offered for sale? Do they sound good? If you haven't heard them and proven to yourself that they are acceptable, I would start looking somewhere else.

Good luck

BTW, I was "this close" to being in Pisa earlier this month. Lovely city!

You are right... I will contact ML.

Thank you very much!

Ciao.

Luca

Latest posts

Back