Sequel II panels headed south

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Theriot

Reaction score
I have read that this is not a Huge undertaking, to remove the rails, but would like some last minute advice or tips for a smooth opperation. Have emailed M.L. the ser. #'s to make sure of the direction the rails come off, but still a little nervracking dismanteling a 20 yr. old pair of spkrs BTW mine were made August 1993

Last edited:
Hit me up in about 4 weeks when mine come in and I'll make a Youtube video. If you can't wait, do a search here for instructions.

Removing is a piece of cake. Just make sure to either use a rubber head mallet or place a thick folded towel on the rail before you wack it.

Hope all goes well Chris, I also have '93 vintage Sequels with the original panels on them.

Having messed with both SL3s and Monoliths, I think the process is not too bad. But yes, getting the direction to try and slide them off is critical to know.

Thanks Jonfo, can u tell me any tricks, or do's and dont's. I read a post from Darron B on the same subject and some 1"x1" pieces were to be placed at the bottom of the panels and another thread stated putting screws to hold the panels up. I know i will need some velcro, i also remember reading about some foam tape, like for a door jam, but not removing the plastic so the rails will slide back easily. I'm 45 min. one way from any hardware store and just wanted to get all my SEQUEL ducks in a row

Back