search for new amp

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ceebeee

Reaction score
hi guys
new to this so be gentle with me ,until i can work out how to navigate this site.running a pair of ascent's need advise on amplifier's that are up to the job?::confused:

Whoa, here we go again...

First, welcome to the club! Look around, you will find plenty of advice on amps for your speakers. It's a good way to see what we're about. We've been having these types of discussions a lot lately. Here's a link to get you started...
http://www.martinloganowners.com/~tdacquis/forum/showthread.php?t=5223
Happy hunting!

Last edited:
new amp depends

You need to help us with more information, particularly your preference in sound and your budget. ML is not easy to drive, but not impossible. A good variety of SS and tube amps can drive it well. I like smooth and natural sound. McIntosh works well, though slightly forward. Classe tweeked with Paul Speltz's autoformer gives better sense of depth. On the cheaper side Naim's Nait 5i also works beautifully.

hi steve thanks for info glad to see a fellow grandfather & biker now we are really smoking.i have a aprilia factory,which i only seem to use on track days lately,or it could just be an age thing prefering the comfort of my bmw 1200gs adventurer !!!!!!

hi steve thanks for info glad to see a fellow grandfather & biker now we are really smoking.i have a aprilia factory,which i only seem to use on track days lately,or it could just be an age thing prefering the comfort of my bmw 1200gs adventurer !!!!!!

Cool! I sold my track bike and just do the street, now. I also have a 1200gs, not the adventurer, though. Great all around bike...and I know what you mean about the comfort thing!

Back