Sean Adams (Slimdevices founder) leaving Logitech

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleepysurf

Reaction score
I was dismayed to read Sean Adams announcement (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=63759) that he is leaving Slimdevices/Logitech. He was the founder and brilliant engineer behind the entire Squeezebox/Transporter line of digital players, and IMHO, was singlehandedly responsible for bringing lossless audiophile-quality digital music to the high-end arena. The abundance of competing devices (Sonos, Sooloos/Meridian, Linn, and many others) is testament to the viability and bright future of this music delivery system.

I just hope (pray) that Logitech continues Seans committment to providing the highest caliber audio playback possible (hopefully to include more next-gen 24/96 capable devices), rather than catering to the mass-market consumer who is content with lossy playback.

Last edited:
I, too hope this does not signal a change in direction for Logitech and an array of consumerist devices and/or closed source software.

I have high hopes though - there are far too many people that "get" the SD model and I really don't think Logitech would be so stupid as to stray from it, even if they still use it as a base to develop other consumer devices.

Latest posts

Back