Scribd

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtwrace

Reaction score
I was wanting to see one of my old TAS mags. I was searching for a certain article and came across this: http://www.scribd.com/ It actually had the whole magazine. Very cool IMO.

Check it out!!!

Maybe Jeff (tonepub) should submit all of his and then he can maybe get some more readers.

Interesting that you can get this free wheras TAS charges you for a download.

Interesting that you can get this free wheras TAS charges you for a download.

True, but a couple of points come to mind:

1. The TAS download is a standalone PDF, not something that uses Flash to be rendered in a browser.

2. The TAS stuff on scribd.com is pirated and violates TAS' copyright. The copyright notice for the issue I looked at asserted that it was under the Creative Commons license. I'd be very surprised if TAS' publisher really allowed that!

Scribd is one of those dubious mixed blessings of the internet. It was originally envisioned as a place to post non-copyrighted materials, and things that were old enough to be "out of copyright" or public domain.

But as with any download site, Scribd has become a haven for pirates, and a huge repository for illegally copied materials.

I have mixed feelings about this. I have downloaded several books from Scribed that are technically still under copyright but were 1) issued in VERY limited editions and are out of print, impossible to buy, or extremely prohibitive to buy, or 2) were never issued in the USA, and although may still perhaps be available, they are difficult, if not impossible. to find in the USA.

If something were available through easy-to-get, affordable, or public loan (library) means, then I would probably not get it from Scribd. But there are somethings that I will admit that I have no problem getting this way. And I'm a graphic designer, and pretty much live and die by the application of copyright laws...

Back