Scenarios for rear speakers OK???

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gordonmenninger

Reaction score
First of all this is my first post but I have been lurking here for a while and bought a pair of fabulous SL3's last year and have been hooked! My system consists of a Theta CasaNova processor, Sunfire 5 channel amp that is bridged aross the 3 front channels, a Theater Center channel, Velodyne F1800RII sub, and Snell CiV rear speakers (which used to be my fronts).

I have thought that I should add some ML's for the rears to complete the package. Due to space limitations, the Scenarios are the perfect size for my theater room in the basement. The only issue is that one of the speakers will have to be placed practically against the rear wall and the other one will be in a more open area, but in front of a bar area. I will upload pics of my system soon that would give you guys a better idea.

What do you guys think? Is this doable?

thanks for all the great help on here!

gordon::music:

Welcome another Gordon. We have a few Gordon's here. Rear speakers are for fill only. I would think they would work fine !

Gordon,

Welcome to the forum!

You can most definitely use Scenerios as rear speakers in a 5.1 (or any surround) application. In fact, that is what they were originally designed for! But a lot of people found them such great little speakers for the price that they eventually became known more as a "budget ESL hybrid".

I own a pair of Scenarios, and use them for just this purpose. I have Sequels for the front mains, and a Logos center. My Sequels are set up optimaly, well out into the room, but the Scenarios are pretty tight in the back of the room--about 1.5ft from the side walls and about 2ft from the rear walls. They sound fantastic and give me a nice even, diffuse surround experience.

I've actually used the Scenarios as main speakers in a 2-channel setup, and with the right amps and a decent subwoofer, they are surprisingly good. They don't have quite the bredth or height of soundstage as the Sequels, but then again, their panels are about half the size too.

But for rears, they should do well in your setup. That is, after all, what they were originally developed to do...

--Richard

Thanks for the answers so far. That is what I was hoping / looking for... I guess I will be pulling the trigger on these puppies to make th ML experience somewhat complete! Damn, I am hooked! :)
Gordon,

Welcome to the forum!

You can most definitely use Scenerios as rear speakers in a 5.1 (or any surround) application. In fact, that is what they were originally designed for! But a lot of people found them such great little speakers for the price that they eventually became known more as a "budget ESL hybrid".

I own a pair of Scenarios, and use them for just this purpose. I have Sequels for the front mains, and a Logos center. My Sequels are set up optimaly, well out into the room, but the Scenarios are pretty tight in the back of the room--about 1.5ft from the side walls and about 2ft from the rear walls. They sound fantastic and give me a nice even, diffuse surround experience.

I've actually used the Scenarios as main speakers in a 2-channel setup, and with the right amps and a decent subwoofer, they are surprisingly good. They don't have quite the bredth or height of soundstage as the Sequels, but then again, their panels are about half the size too.

But for rears, they should do well in your setup. That is, after all, what they were originally developed to do...

--Richard

Back