Santa been good to me!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marlin

Reaction score
I have finally entered the realm of tubular amplification.
I bought a used Cary SLI-80 integrated amp.
She sounds beutiful. A perfect match for my Aeon I's.
I was afraid of being bass shy. Not a problem. Not earth shaking but completely there.
The first thing I listened to was Dark Side of the Moon. Breath taking.
Followed that up with Alan Parsons Tales of Mystery and Imagination.
In the Fall of the House of Usher you can actually hear individual rain drops during The Arrival. I was stunned. I almost had to call in sick from work today just to get more.

That last sentence tells the whole story :)

When a piece of gear changes gender and becomes a "she", it's spring and the birds are singing. Love is in the air... :D

Hahahahah!!!

COngrats on the Cary! I have one myself and it aint going anywhere for a while!

Joey

New member of the Cary club

Howdy all,

Currently auditioning a Cary CDP1 CD player. Has this "upsampling" function with six different sampling modes. Very audible and very cool. Only downside is my dealer told me it takes 500 hours of burn in. Having listened to it after about 300 hours, when I first received the unit and now at 400 hours more or less, I think it's true.

GG

Cary Gear is Very Audiosonically-Beautiful...

marlin,

Welcome to the ML Club!

And welcome to a whole new world of 'Sonic Nirvana'... :D Your ears will be in audio heaven from now on.... ;)

Cary electronics are awesome especially their tubed gear from all my research. Auditioning continues to be the key, especially if you can audition it at home with your Aeon i's and your other components as well.

Good listening happy searching on your audio quest my friend.

It's good to have you here. :D

Latest posts

Back