Sanders 10c ESL System

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lancruiser

Reaction score

Name: Paul

SPEAKERS

Sanders Sound System 10c ESL / TL Hybrid (2008)

ELECTRONICS

Sanders Sound System Magtech Amplifier (2)
Placette Active Line Stage
Behringer DCX-2496 Crossover @ 172 cps, 48db/Oct, Linkwitz-Riley
Behringer DEQ-2496 Multifunction Equalizer
Behringer ECM7000 Room correction microphone

SOURCES

Sony SCD-XA777ES SACD
Denon DVD-3910
DirectTV HD-DVR
Marantz 120b AM / FM Tuner

VIDEO

Samsung LNA52-750 LCD

AC CONDITIONING

American Power Conversion UPS (2)

FUTURE PROJECTS

Subwoofers – Utilizing (2) AuraSound NS-18 -992-4A, enclosure type TBD.

Attachments

• IMG_0671.jpg
    IMG_0671.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 1,586
Nice clean setup!

I'm sure many of us would like to know... how wide is your "sweet spot?"

Sanders 10c System

Hello SleepySurf,

Thanks for the kind comments on my system, the deployed image basically extends to the outside edges of the speakers. The speakers are "fussy" concerning distance / angle to the listener, once properly aligned the sound stage is quite natural and detailed. The "downside" to it is basically only one listener gets the optimum image, the off axis (+,- 20 deg) is still pretty decent. One interesting thing about them is that when someone comes over while the system is playing who has not heard them before and is in another room can recognize a difference.
The system is relatively new so I have not performed any "tweaks" yet. I want to get a "baseline" before I proceed further. I should mention that the system is not a "stock" 10b, I am using a Behringer X-O (amazing device) and (2) Sanders Magtech amps.

Last edited:
Nice clean setup!

I'm sure many of us would like to know... how wide is your "sweet spot?"

I agree, beautiful setup! I would imagine that you don't have a very wide dispersion pattern with those, resulting in a small sweet spot. I notice you have a pretty major toe-in.

Dan

Very nice , one I have not heard YET ! I hear great things about them !

Ahziz....Light!

Photos of my system during the day.

Attachments

• IMG_0677.jpg
    IMG_0677.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 1,294
Last edited:
Just a black box with LED's

Close up pix of the Magtech. No way near as sexy as tubes, but it gets the "job" done.

Attachments

• IMG_0688.jpg
    IMG_0688.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,352
  • IMG_0685.jpg
    IMG_0685.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,435
  • IMG_0683.jpg
    IMG_0683.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,175
Last edited:
very cool.... I was always intrigued by Roger's Innersound speakers - almost bought one of the last versions before the big price spike - and low and behold - these look just like them... The Innersounds went from 4K to 13K or so one year. Yes, there were differences in the design etc... but, I am sure is a reason they are no longer in business. Might I ask what ball park range these are in and how is the low end with experience - and what are they spec'd at on the low end?

one other question -- you have the denon & sony... which one sounds better for cd / sacd playback?

Sanders 10c

Hello Timm,

The stock Sanders 10b's are around 13k with the Bass amp. I think the 10c system comes with just the Behringer X-O so it should be less. You would have to ask Mr. Sanders to confirm. In my room, the system goes to about 28 cps with authority but I have unusual room dimensions. I prefer the Sony for SACD / CD playback. I have had a few DAC's it the past ( Theta, Dodson, Musical Fidelity, Krell ) but the Sony is still "standing".

The Innersounds went from 4K to 13K or so one year. Yes, there were differences in the design etc... but, I am sure is a reason they are no longer in business.

Actually, that was probably a symptom and not a cause. It is a long and sordid story, but they went out of business because Roger took on a financial partner so he could expand the business, and that person took control of the company from Roger and ran it into the ground.

Nice system, by the way, Lancruiser.

Actually, that was probably a symptom and not a cause. It is a long and sordid story, but they went out of business because Roger took on a financial partner so he could expand the business, and that person took control of the company from Roger and ran it into the ground.

Nice system, by the way, Lancruiser.

Yes,yes... of course.... my statement was just skimming the surface... I just remember looking at one of the models - getting interested... then hearing the replacement model was jumping about 8K in price.... I was befuddled to say the least.and trying to hear a pair in the midwest was practically impossible....

.... I was befuddled to say the least.and trying to hear a pair in the midwest was practically impossible....

Now it can not be easier, just call Rodger and he will send you a set for 30 in home trial. Same policy applies to the amplifiers Roger is a class act and a pleasure to deal with.

Last edited:
Beautiful system

Lancrusier,

Beautiful room and system. Glad to hear about the magtech amplifier and how it works with the panels, I have the ESL mono-blocks powering my Summits.

Last edited:
Back