Room size needed for ReQuest

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter_Klim

Reaction score
I'm feeling kind of down after fining out the house I was going to buy has so many issue discovered during the inspection. And since there are so few homes on the market now, maybe I could purchase a smaller one and either expand a room or add an addition.

What would be the ideal size room for a set of ReQuest? For people not familiar with them, they are the ones with 12" woofers, 18" wide and are just shy of being 6' tall. Probably doesn't matter, but I don't play music loud. I only have a 30 (35?) wpc tube amp and never played it even close to its potential.

Hi Peter, so sorry to hear about the other deal falling through, but better to avoid a money-pit situation.

Those of us with the audio-bug already suffer that malady ;-)

My room was designed around ReQuest/Monolith sized speakers, and it's worked pretty well, but as noted in all my threads on acoustics, still requires plenty of room treatments to be just right.
For 2ch, it could be a lot shorter, but I'd still look for at least 5' between the back of your head and the wall behind you.

Back