Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers!!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockeratheart

Reaction score
Any RCPM fans out there? Formerly part of the Refreshments? I'm seeing them at the Fine Line Music Cafe in Minneapolis tonight. I haven't seen them in almost 2 years. They put on a great show! If you like rock, americana, mariachi rock, country rock, appreciative artists, etc., then you will like these guys.

After all, I am a Rocker at Heart!!

ben

Hey Ben, enjoy the show, Roger and the boys play Tucson frequently and do a lot of great shows in the Rocky Point Mexico area, he has some wicked tequila he makes and bottles himself, very approachable, super nice guy! Please give a review :rocker:

Craig

Hey, man I love that band. Roger was in his typical great form, thankful, energized, and into the tequila right away. But he did pace himself by mention and practice. PH was his typical self, rock solid and driving the unstopable rock train. Nick and the new guy, John(?), not sure if that's his name was fine. I miss Steve. I'm not one for going out alot, and I really don't like to abuse the ears too much, I did have plugs in for most of the show, but I'd go again tonight. Being a drummer in several bands for a long time, I can appreciate what they do, and why they do those things.

I like hearing 4 piece bands that know how not to overplay. But know when it's their turn. The parts always compliment each other.

Blue collar suicide was the opener.
The only album they didn't play anything from was Sonoran Hope and Madness.
Notable songs I thought were great were Beautiful Disaster, I don't Need Another Thrill and Your Name on a Grain of Rice. I will say, I was so happy to hear Don't Wanna Know, Nada, Girly and Dolly-I haven't heard them play those in a long time. I don't think I have heard Dolly live. Also the much needed by me, Mexico. Crowd was way into the whole thing. Lots of Roger stepping back from the mic and listening to the audience bellow the lyrics.

Overall, I wouldn't and couldn't find anything bad to say other than it's over.

HEY CRAIG----PLEASE TELL ME MORE ABOUT HIS TEQUILA!! I didn't know he does that.

ben

Hey Ben, thanks for the review, we in the know, knew it would be excellent! One of my bud's brought some of his tequila back last year $100US, I don't drink but, I took a nice swig and man, was it smooth, like a nice single malt scotch. it came in a custom made box, I'm sure my buddy still has the empty bottle and the box, he's away for a week (I apologize for getting back to ya so late, my main computer is down with the flu virus) I'll try to post up some pics for ya!

Roger has a nice ranch down by Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point) he grows his own Blue Agave and distills and bottles it right on the property in very limited runs. I'll see what I can dig up on it.

Craig

Latest posts

Back