Replacing Trims on SL3

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

bronsky

Could someone advise how the wooden trims on SL3s can be removed (I wish I can have access to the woofer) ?
Thanks.

Hi,

Click HERE - it explains with pictures how to shower your panels... The first part of it shows how to get your trim pieces off... The document shows a reQuest, but the SL3 comes off the same way.

Good Luck!

Tom.

The document shows a reQuest, but the SL3 comes off the same way.
Thanks Tom for the link

On my Sequel II's they have a screw on one of the ends that needs to be removed first, then tap the rail from the opposite end. Not sure if the SL3 has the same screw or not, but wanted to mention it in case the OP sits there and pounds for a bit before possibly finding a screw on the other end :)

Dan

SL3 Trim Removal

Thanks Tom for the link

On my Sequel II's they have a screw on one of the ends that needs to be removed first, then tap the rail from the opposite end. Not sure if the SL3 has the same screw or not, but wanted to mention it in case the OP sits there and pounds for a bit before possibly finding a screw on the other end :)

Dan

The SL3 does not have any screw to remove, but note that, depending on when they were built, they trim pieces either slide up or down for removal. IIRC, later ones slide down for removal and up for replacement, but I'm not 100% sure.

Tap them with a rubber mallet and should be easy enough. I usually use something between the trim pieces and the mallet, to avoid damaging the cabinet (the trim piece is a pretty small target for the mallet).

Latest posts

Back