Remember our Men and Women

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

repman

Reaction score
As we head into Memorial Day weekend, I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank all of the brave, selfless, men and women who serve, and have served, this great country.

As we head off to the lake, take a dip in the pool, or just relax in the summer sun with family and friends, let us not forget those who have made the ultimate sacrifice so that we may be able to enjoy the luxuries of freedom.

It has been 26 years since I retired from the Air Force. Thank you to those who have served and are serving. To those of you that stop for a minute and give thanks, you are most welcome. It was an honor to serve this great nation.

A very close friend of mine just lost his leg about a month and a half ago in Afghanistan with ~ 2 months left on his contract. I was out to see him 3 weeks ago and he'll be able to make it to town this weekend to hang out with him again. When we've been out with him, I was very impressed by how many people thanked him.

My grandpa used to give the Memorial Day speech every year at the end of our town's parade. He was part of the Salerno beach invasion, a Japanese prisoner of war for about 20 months before the end of WWII, and came back at 6 foot 2, and 85 pounds, living on rats and shoe leather to survive. He is a man I will never forget and often think about when I think that my life is sooo hard.

For those service men and women out there THANK YOU SO much for all that you have done, are currently doing, and will do in order for all of us to live free in the best country on earth.

As a Navy guy who retired in 1996, it was my honor to serve my country and my fellow Americans. I'd like to give a shout out to my daughter who is serving in the USAF along with her husband who is also in the USAF presently in the Sandbox.

To those who serve today and yesterday, I salute you and thank you for your service to our country.

And to the families of those who have made the ultimate sacrifice, my greatest thanks and well wishes for you. You and your departed are in my thoughts daily.

Gordon
USN
AMCS (AW)

As a citizen of this country I take my freedoms to there limits and appreciate every inch. Thank YOU for doing our hardest, most undesirable jobs. I feel the sacrifice involved in serving this country is not to be under stated.

salute.gif

My stint in the US Navy was 4 years of adventure! Loved it, but couldn't wait to get out!

Thanks to all who are serving now and who have served in the past.

Back