Relaxin and chillin... post your pics!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey_V

Reaction score
I figured that we needed more pics of us just chilling, relaxing, listening to some tunes, and just plain taking it easy. We have a forum for pictures of our systems, but no thread of pics just showing what we have set to do with our system - sit back and listen.

It's a lazy Sunday afternoon in Chicago and I just wanted to say hello to all my forum friends.

;):music:

IMG_1204.jpg

(listening to "Love In This Club" by Usher)

That's not the sweetspot either, but sometimes you just gotta stop caring about imaging, soundstaging and just take it all in. ;)

My wife and me relaxing witha barbecue on our back deck, back in Sydney. The second shows the happy family, all packed up and ready for our move to Queensland (the best thing we've ever done).

Attachments

• IMG_0422.jpg
    IMG_0422.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 355
  • IMG_0479.jpg
    IMG_0479.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 350
Here you go! Me hanging out between practice and qualifying!

Attachments

• bycarinsuit- copy.jpg
    bycarinsuit- copy.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 300
  • smallcrew06.jpg
    smallcrew06.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 302
My other hobby. Restoring Triumph cars.

Cool, Gordon. I have a 1955 Jaguar XK-140 that is getting a complete restoration as we speak. A guy in Baldwin County, Alabama named Mike Darby is doing the restoration. He is an englishman that does nothing but restore old english cars. He does lots of MG's, Jaguars, etc. If you ever get stuck and need someone to ask a question of, I can put you in touch with him. I think he knows more about classic english cars than most people out there.

other hobby. Restoring Triumph cars.

Gordon,

I have a job for you if you like the Triumphs (I LOVE THEM personally)...

I would like a TR8 Convertible with an automatic transmission. Frankly I don't even care if the engine is a real TR engine... Is there something out there that I could buy that would be really nice inside and out, reliable (in a wheelchair, so I can't do the roadside repairs like I used to do on my Spitfire before my accident 17 years ago), fun, automatic trans, and not to expensive to get into? I have not stayed in touch w/ the TR cars but I am ALWAYS drawn to them! ALWAYS wanted a TR6 too btw! Just LOVE the look of them! Grew up with dad, mom, and grandpa all driving TR6's, 250's, Spitfire's, TR3's, etc, throughout the years!

You can PM me if you have any thoughts on something like this...

Best,

Well for me it is relaxing...at least mentally, as far as "chillin"....you betcha !!

Smack dab on the middle of Moosehead Lake, Maine, temp....a balmy 10degrees!

Attachments

• IMG_0834.JPG
    IMG_0834.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 268
Ah, the click-clack of type being set, the smell of the inks, the feel of the paper, the rhythmic clank of the press. This is what I do for relaxation--letterpress printing.

This a photo of me at Pennsic last summer--a Medieval re-enactment event--and I'm printing some calling cards for someone in our camp with type and a hand-cut woodblock that I made on-site. I'm printing it on my "small" press--the only one that is remotely portable (it weighs about 100lbs)--a Kelsey Excelsior 6"x10" side-lever platen press. I also own two bigger presses--a 900-lb Chandler & Price Old Series 10"x15" hand-fed platen press and a 3200-lb ATF Kelly B-model auto-feeding 18"x24" cylinder press, along with about a ton of type and various cuts...

I've added two pics of me working on the forme--the type and woodcut--one shows me centering the forme, close-up, and the other is a wide shot showing me locking the form up. Mayne now, in context, the bigger pic won't look so much like me working on a boat motor... ;)

--Richard

Attachments

• Printing-1.jpg
    Printing-1.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 256
  • Forme1.jpg
    Forme1.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 145
  • Forme2.jpg
    Forme2.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Ah, the click-clack of type being set, the smell of the inks, the feel of the paper, the rhythmic clank of the press. This is what I do for relaxation--letterpress printing.

This a photo of me at Pennsic last summer--a Medieval re-enactment event--and I'm printing some calling cards for someone in our camp with type and a hand-cut woodblock that I made on-site. I'm printing it on my "small" press--the only one that is remotely portable (it weighs about 100lbs)--a Kelsey Excelsior 6"x10" side-lever platen press. I also own two bigger presses--a 900-lb Chandler & Price Old Series 10"x15" hand-fed platen press and a 3200-lb ATF Kelly B-model auto-feeding 18"x24" cylinder press, along with about a ton of type and various cuts...

--Richard

I saw the pic and thought you were servicing an outboard motor!!! See what I mean (if you squint!)?

Singapore Beach, cold beer, Chuck Mangione on the speakers...

Attachments

• BBJP.jpg
    BBJP.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 190
Hangin' turns with friends up in the Smoky Mountains. Now that's relaxation !!! Bad for the hearing if one does not wear ear plugs. I am in red.

~VDR

Last edited:
We've had a few of these picture threads, but since we've had a few new members lately I thought I'd bump it.........any new members out there (or not so new members who haven't posted a pic yet), let's put a face to the name!

Latest posts

Back