Rel Stentor lll subwoofer

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tah800

Reaction score
Just picked up a Rel Stentor lll sub. Got it out of Quebec for $1800. Wondered if anyone had any ideas about these subs. All I read seemed to be quite positive. My present system consists of Carver Amazings up front with the Martin Logan Theater i as my center. My rear speakers are the Martin Logan Scripts. Would love to have the Summits up front as it's hard to set up the Carvers with the Logan gear as they are so inefficient. They still are a great sounding speaker. Living in New Brunswick Canada it's hard to find any high end Logan gear. We border on the state of Maine but there is really nothing there. I think it must be you're forgotten state.Have seen Summits on Audiogon for as low as $4500 but they are just too far away for me to ship and way too far for me to drive. Anyway the sub I got seems to have listed at around $4000. Still figuring the best way to set it up. It has high and low inputs. They sent a special cable with it that allows you to plug directly into your amps. Would this be a better way to go than using the low input with a single RCA cable. Thxs Art

We border on the state of Maine but there is really nothing there. I think it must be you're forgotten state.

Hey... I resemble that remark! ;)

But... quite true that there are no authorized ML retailers in this state... though NH and MA aren't that much further south.

As for your sub, the more typical setup is to drive the sub's line-level input from your pre-amp or receiver.

Still figuring the best way to set it up. It has high and low inputs. They sent a special cable with it that allows you to plug directly into your amps. Would this be a better way to go than using the low input with a single RCA cable. Thxs Art

REL St. subs are great!

As for connection, it's up to you and what you think sounds best. I do recall REL specifically recommending speaker level connection, as the sub then takes on the tonality of the entire system, providing a better match. Not my words - REL's words.

Back