red light out on Aeon's

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsiroky

Reaction score
Both my speakers seem to work great, but right one has red led not working. What's best thing to do?

should I Just open it up and replace the LED? I figure should be easy enough to solder on a replacement led. anyone else had something like that happen?

my right aerius i has the same "problem"...the original owner (about 4 years ago) purchased the spkrs new, and out of the box, the red led never worked...sonicly its doing nothin, and IMO its nothing to worry about unless ur super picky about it...id say just enjoy the music ;)

~greg

This is a fairly common problem and yes, it's a fairly straightforward fix. It's not quite as easy as it should be, however, since that LED is epoxied in place, so it takes a little work to get it out.

While you're in there, this is your chance to replace the red LEDs with blue (if you want) to give the Aeons a newer look.

Both my speakers seem to work great, but right one has red led not working. What's best thing to do?

should I Just open it up and replace the LED? I figure should be easy enough to solder on a replacement led. anyone else had something like that happen?

Just a little question...are you sure that the missing red led side is working properly? Leds are difficult to go bad, so it could be that the stator still could be charged and the power supply is not working, or a loose contact at the A.C. power cord connector. Play your system for some time and listen if the stat panel has the same sound presure level than the one that it is working. Happy listening,
Roberto.

Just a little question...are you sure that the missing red led side is working properly? Leds are difficult to go bad, so it could be that the stator still could be charged and the power supply is not working, or a loose contact at the A.C. power cord connector. Play your system for some time and listen if the stat panel has the same sound presure level than the one that it is working. Happy listening,
Roberto.

When I purchased Aeon i's, one of the blue led was not working. I had to replace the entire pc board on the inside.

It seems to be working. SPL seems ok.

maybe i should pull it apart. I should be able to put an ohm meter on it to confirm if it's just a bad LED.

Back