Rear Surround Speaker Placement

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

billman1965

Greetings all!
I have Vignettes for center and surrounds.
My room is LARGE (21x21x10H).

Should I mount my Vignette surrounds behind my listening position (on the ceiling), or on the side walls just behind my listening position.

Thanks again.
BTW, just got my Rotel RMB1095 and starting down the path of wife acceptance, and draining bank accounts!

Regards,
Bill

The manual tells you where to mount the Vignettes. For my theater (5.1), i mount the vignettes on the wall behind sitting area on the two sides with them turned inward toward sitting area.

I did the same as Thai. How I set mine up is I mounted the Vignettes behind me just above seated ear level and played 2 channel music through them as if they were my main speakers. I adjusted the angle of them until I had perfect imaging and soundstaging - but behind me. Actually the sound was suprisingly good like this! After I was happy with their position it was only then that I reconfigured my receiver/decoder for Vignette surround use. I found it much easier to adjust spl's and distances by doing this. Now I find it nearly impossible to distinguish the sound from the front or rears - the Vignettes have integrated perfectly into my Summit based 2 channel system.

Latest posts

Back